PDA

View Full Version : Question on these partial WG1's

aquarius31
09-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi All,
I recently picked up these "partial" WG1 beaters. I say partial because they are literally the paper fronts without the blue backing. When looking through them with a good light source you can see the transparency from front to back of each of the cards.

For those of you who have WG1's, is it easy to remove the backings from the front? Not that you would ever try to do something like that but I'm confused as these items do not have the heavy residue/back damage that I would expect if they were affixed to a thicker backing. I don't believe that they are proof cards at all but just curious to see if anyone has experience with these cards. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Leon
09-26-2012, 12:41 PM
I have handled a fair amount and never saw a back removed like that before. I haven't looked at them too closely, with respect to this issue, but I would guess they are a back glued onto a front. That's just a guess and would be good reasoning for these to be the way they are. They are more scarce than their values would indicate, imo. (demand isn't too high on them is the problem)

aquarius31
09-26-2012, 02:53 PM
I have handled a fair amount and never saw a back removed like that before. I haven't looked at them too closely, with respect to this issue, but I would guess they are a back glued onto a front. That's just a guess and would be good reasoning for these to be the way they are. They are more scarce than their values would indicate, imo. (demand isn't too high on them is the problem)

Thanks Leon! Yes, this makes sense. I guess I'm just surprised that there was not more damage to the back when it separated but I guess this could have just happened naturally over time. And I am an expert at finding tough items with low demand but that's a good thing in keeping items like this one affordable :D