PDA

View Full Version : Becky Hedin - Memorial Fund - Update

Leon
09-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Here is another thread I have reservations about starting. I feel it is needed though, in order to let all of our generous and kind members know about their contributions to Becky Hedin's Memorial Fund. I have been in contact with the Funeral Home and will be making a check out to them in the next day or so with all of the money collected. I completely understand more sides of this situation than I care to. At the end of the day the board was extremely generous in helping out a fellow collector. It is understood that these monies donated and helping with the bills could free up other monies but that is not a concern. Everyone should know that 100% of their donation is going directly to the Funeral Home. Interestingly less than 5% decided not to donate, after they donated, and the other information came out. I think that really says something about the kindness of the board. I am also appreciative that folks had confidence in my custodianship of the donations. I will give an update later on how much was donated and how many folks gave. I think yesterday I counted about 131.
Bill is still grieving and I am not sure if he will eventually come back to the board or not. I hope he does. My condolences, once again, to Bill, family and friends. May Becky rest in peace.

ibuysportsephemera
09-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi Leon,

Very nice job with this. Just so you know...there were other Net54ers that made donations directly to Bill before that thread really took off. It is an honor to belong to such a terrific group. I hope Bill is able to get his life back on track after this terrible loss.

Jeff

7nohitter
09-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Leon,

I post infrequently, but wanted to publicly thank you for the thread, for handling the donations and for your complete transparency with the situation. I am proud to be a tiny part of such a great group of people.

Andrew Mi.ller

deebro041
09-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Leon,

I post infrequently, but wanted to publicly thank you for the thread, for handling the donations and for your complete transparency with the situation. I am proud to be a tiny part of such a great group of people.

Andrew Mi.ller

+1

autograf
09-25-2012, 08:49 PM
You always do a superb job in the tough spots and the easy times. A shame you were not refereeing the Packers/Seahawks game last night. You did what you felt was right and while there are a few that are never happy with that, you work(ed) diligently to protect the interests of your constituents......appreciate everything and hopefully Bill does come back. Continue to keep him in our thoughts....can't help but be sad when I see that picture of Becky and their grandchild......

JEFFV96MASTERS
09-26-2012, 10:48 AM
This boards caring nature during that time is remarkable and all those who contributed are to be commended for such :o

May God rest Becky's soul,,,,

If by giving freely from our hearts we in some way contributed positively towards helping to ease the enormous burden the death of a spouse creates == then I feel the donations purpose & intent was served,,, and I feel people should feel good about themselves knowing that they helped ,,,,,,

Jeff

JasonD08
09-26-2012, 12:05 PM
I understand where Leon is coming from. It's nice to know most people freely give without reservation. Personally, when I give whether it be to church tithe, charity, or a tough circumstance, I look it it like I pray, feel peace, and know that my little contribution does not replace, but is part of a larger group that can hopefully ease some pain or help someone who may gladly one day pay it forward.

Jason

Pup6913
09-26-2012, 01:05 PM
I understand where Leon is coming from. It's nice to know most people freely give without reservation. Personally, when I give whether it be to church tithe, charity, or a tough circumstance, I look it it like I pray, feel peace, and know that my little contribution does not replace, but is part of a larger group that can hopefully ease some pain or help someone who may gladly one day pay it forward.

Jason

+1. Well said Jason.

Leon
09-27-2012, 09:02 AM
This will probably be the last update to the Becky Hedin Memorial Fund from the board. Yesterday I sent a check directly to the Funeral Home for a bit over $5700. There were 127 donors that are on a list going with this card to Bill today.