PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Auctions Customer Service

danmckee
09-19-2012, 08:29 PM
When I post I usually get a bunch of hits because 95% of the time I am trashing someone for screwing up!

Well, I am very sorry to disappoint you all with this thread but I must sound off as usual but in a positive way.

I bought 1971 Colts Football from Heritage in 2010. I liked the ball and kept it for 2 years.

I recently consigned it to my good friend Bill Huggins.

Well, they tried to cert it for me and the Unitas came back as a club house instead of legit like it was advertised when I bought it from Heritage.

Both the original auction cert and the new one was JSA. Jimmy Spense.

So I contact Heritage with my issue demanding that I make triple my investment! J/K That ain't me.

I offered just a return and refund of what I bought because I had the pleasure of having this ball in my collection for 2 1/2 years.

well.....

WOW! Heritage didn't even blink an eye!

Return it for a full refund Dan!

I was like "WHAT" ?????

Am I reading this correctly?????

Man if Joe Orlando had this customer service attitude back in 2004 I wouldn't hate him and PSA!!!! :)

Well, I am writing this because I wanted to say something nice for a change and I am very happy to be a Heritage customer!!!!

THANK YOU HERITAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The ball was less than $400 but it isn't the money, it is the principle!

HRBAKER
09-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Dan,
Are you running a fever? :D

Kudos to Heritage but none to Spence.

danmckee
09-19-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't think so...

Wife has me in a tub of cold water with ice but I don't think it has to do with a fever

It was our 18th anniversary yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HRBAKER
09-19-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't think so...

Wife has me in a tub of cold water with ice but I don't think it has to do with a fever

It was our 18th anniversary yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary!

rainier2004
09-19-2012, 08:37 PM
As negative as it sounds, all I can be is honest. Heritage customer service has been horrible to me...worst out of all auction houses and that includes Chris Ivy. I have bouth from REA, Legendary, Huggins and Scott, etc, etc. Never again, but I am happy that you had a positive experience as mine was one of the worse ever in the hobby. Thanks, I guess, that they sponsor N54 like they do, but I will never bid with them again. In the end they lost a 5-figure customer over $37 b/c of "principle" as Chris said. Good luck.

S Suckow

danmckee
09-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Happy Anniversary!

Thanks my friend!

Poor girl!

danmckee
09-19-2012, 08:42 PM
As negative as it sounds, all I can be is honest. Heritage customer service has been horrible to me...worst out of all auction houses and that includes Chris Ivy. I have bouth from REA, Legendary, Huggins and Scott, etc, etc. Never again, but I am happy that you had a positive experience as mine was one of the worse ever in the hobby. Thanks, I guess, that they sponsor N54 like they do, but I will never bid with them again. In the end they lost a 5-figure customer over $37 b/c of "principle" as Chris said. Good luck.

S Suckow

Steve, I am very sorry to hear this.
Thanks for posting
dan

Runscott
09-20-2012, 01:42 AM

S Suckow

Steve, Is this yet another reference to the Cracker Jack fiasco that almost no one agreed with you on? Seriously, if you can't get anyone to agree with you on something, you really ought to drop it. Several people even offered to buy that card from you for what you paid for it, yet you declined. Doesn't that tell you anything?

autograf
09-20-2012, 06:31 AM
I've always had positive experiences with Heritage. Sometimes it takes a while to receive stuff but in some cases they've shipped before I paid. Kind of weird. Anyway, they're very professional and have great packing/shipping and offer nice items. I won't pile on for the website as it has it's issues but they are clearly a top notch operation.

Leon
09-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Of course I like Heritage as I know a lot of the guys in the sports division and they help sponsor the dinner and advertise. However, If I didn't think they did a great job I wouldn't say anything. I think they bend over backwards to help folks. Of course, just like any very large company, they will have customers with situations where there is no way to make the customer happy. Kind of like moderating this board. You can't make everyone happy so you just do the best you can. I think Chris and team do a fantastic job.

Peter_Spaeth
09-20-2012, 06:46 AM
The autograph part of this story concerns me. Is it symptomatic of a broader problem with autograph authentication, or is it just a relatively isolated occurrence?

HRBAKER
09-20-2012, 08:37 AM
The autograph part of this story concerns me. Is it symptomatic of a broader problem with autograph authentication, or is it just a relatively isolated occurrence?

Peter,
You could have a whole Sub-Forum dedicated to that subject.
Oh, wait ...............