PDA

View Full Version : TTM Advice: Personalizations

mschwade
09-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Alright, I am going to throw this out there... I have a game program I want to have signed by somebody. It was the program from their first game as coach. This somebody has always signed everything that has been sent to him through the mail, but always personalizes it. Even when a friend of mine got his autograph in person (at the airport), he asked for his name and personalized it to him then too.

Is there a nice way to ask the person not to personalize it? Is that the price I am supposed to pay to get this person's autograph through the mail? I really just want his signature on the program because that is how I have the rest of the coaches on their respective first game program.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Matt

MacDice
09-18-2012, 02:07 PM
A lot of times, players personalize is the decrease the chance you will sell it. Depending on the item it is signed on it can be removed but that is another topic. I would write him in advance and explain that you have an item that you would like to have him sign and asked what he would charge to sign but not personalize it or wait for him to do a signing.

HOF Auto Rookies
09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Above is true, but players and coaches may have contracts that they have to personalize. I got Jason Heyward in person when the Braves came to MN and wanted to have him do a sweet spot, and he couldn't due to his contract. Also with Garciaparra he couldn't sign baseballs or photos without personalization, but he wouldn't personalize cards. How do I know, because I asked and that's what they told me. Adam Jone and Clayton Kershaw are the same. I had them do sweet spot baseballs and they said only way they would is if they personalized it, I didn't really care.