PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Dream Team 1 Signed ball

isaac2004
09-14-2012, 10:28 AM
I have been going back and forth with this guy who is selling a Dream Team 1 signed ball. The price we are talking about is something I am very close to considering.

I have looked at the autos and all look authentic matching examples I have seen.

The item has a COA from Steve Swayne/Director of Community Relations with Miami Heat

Can someone take a look at them as well for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sr2vjqk9d7un2ku/yEK-F-6_R8

Thanks

HOF Auto Rookies
09-14-2012, 10:34 AM
I don't like the Jordan. And I find it weird that all of the signatures just happen to all be the same size.

mschwade
09-14-2012, 11:22 AM
I have been going back and forth with this guy who is selling a Dream Team 1 signed ball. The price we are talking about is something I am very close to considering.

I have looked at the autos and all look authentic matching examples I have seen.

The item has a COA from Steve Swayne/Director of Community Relations with Miami Heat

Thanks

Don't know anything about their authenticity, but find it weird that Pippen and Bird would both sign it #33. Why wouldn't they sign their Olympic numbers if this was a "Dream Team" ball?

isaac2004
09-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Don't know anything about their authenticity, but find it weird that Pippen and Bird would both sign it #33. Why wouldn't they sign their Olympic numbers if this was a "Dream Team" ball?

Thats a good point, my only response is that it was not gotten during the "Dream Team" time and the players signed with their regular numbers. I asked the guy to tell me how he got it and any history on the item.

Appreciate the help so far.

isaac2004
09-14-2012, 12:54 PM

The guy has an LOA from the Miami Heat, I have put it in the folder with the images. The signatures were gathered from 1994 to 1997 when players came to Miami to play the Heat.

Interesting

Deertick
09-14-2012, 02:50 PM

Thanks

NONE ARE AUTHENTIC!

Issac, PLEASE I have recommended this before. Pull up a known good autograph (UDA, Steiner, anything that was witnessed) and compare side by side. It helps a little if they are on the same medium as the article in question. CLOSELY look at the signatures. The Jordan, Pippen, Bird, Drexler,Stockton etal. are HORRIBLE. What exactly did you compare them to? Pippen and Stockton don't 'spell out' their names, I've never seen Drexler seperate his 'x'. Jordan is a mess and Magic, I mean COME ON. Can you point me to an example where he PRINTS his 'g'?:confused:

I don't mean to be too harsh, but the majority of your posts are "Is this real?". We all have our difficulty on certain signatures. And this board is a great resource for learning and improving our skills. But asking about autographs (and being close to pulling the trigger!:eek:) that A) are from Craigslist :eek:, B) are from Florida :eek::eek:, and C) are blatently obvious with a small amount of comparison :eek::eek::eek: is an indication that you should purchase only from reputable dealers and/or the Net54 BST. At least until your skills are such that you pretty much know the answer before you ask it.

Sorry again if this seems harsh. I truly hope this helps you more than just a simple "Bad" reply.

thetruthisoutthere
09-14-2012, 09:00 PM
NONE ARE AUTHENTIC!

Issac, PLEASE I have recommended this before. Pull up a known good autograph (UDA, Steiner, anything that was witnessed) and compare side by side. It helps a little if they are on the same medium as the article in question. CLOSELY look at the signatures. The Jordan, Pippen, Bird, Drexler,Stockton etal. are HORRIBLE. What exactly did you compare them to? Pippen and Stockton don't 'spell out' their names, I've never seen Drexler seperate his 'x'. Jordan is a mess and Magic, I mean COME ON. Can you point me to an example where he PRINTS his 'g'?:confused:

I don't mean to be too harsh, but the majority of your posts are "Is this real?". We all have our difficulty on certain signatures. And this board is a great resource for learning and improving our skills. But asking about autographs (and being close to pulling the trigger!:eek:) that A) are from Craigslist :eek:, B) are from Florida :eek::eek:, and C) are blatently obvious with a small amount of comparison :eek::eek::eek: is an indication that you should purchase only from reputable dealers and/or the Net54 BST. At least until your skills are such that you pretty much know the answer before you ask it.

Sorry again if this seems harsh. I truly hope this helps you more than just a simple "Bad" reply.

I agree with, Jim. Sometimes a little harshness is needed.

Isaac, Jim is right. Every one of your threads reads "Help with this" or "Is this good?"

Isaac, your autograph hunting seems to be all over the place. You might want to concentrate on one sport, or on just a few athletes whose autographs you desire to own. Slow down.

thetruthisoutthere
09-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Isaac, some of the members have made some very good observations about the below autographed basketball.

The Pippen and Jordan stick out like a sore thumb.

MooseDog
09-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Is the LOA actually in black and white? Or is the Heat logo in color. The signatures are most definitely fakes. To add to the others I extensive experience with getting Mullin IP and the one on the ball is not close.

I'm guessing the COA is either a copy of a COA for another ball or worse (use your imagination).

While there are a lot of Dream Team balls in the marketplace the actual number of "real" ones is very, very, very small, and there is some debate as to whether or not a real fully signed ball actually does exist as someone I used to chase autographs with says that a couple of the DTers refuse to sign balls.

kengoldin
09-14-2012, 11:02 PM
I have seen DOZENS of fake items from this guy on this cert
Magic Johnson jerseys
Larry Bird jerseys
even a 'game used dream team scottie pippen' jersey which was authenticated, on heat letterhead as game used.
I do not know the story behind it, I do not know if it was a former employee, or if stationary was stolen, but it was ALL bad. Every item I saw.
I suggest you stay as far away as possible