PDA

View Full Version : Ruth ball for 105,000 and they still want shipping?

keithsky
09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
I had to laugh a little when I saw this Ruth ball on Ebay for $105,000 and they are asking 15.00 shipping. Really? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-Babe-Ruth-Single-Signed-Baseball-PSA-DNA-NM-MT-8-5-/290774538090?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item43b383576a You pay $105,000 and they still want 15.00 more from you for shipping. Come on guys you can't ship that for free. I see guys selling 20.00 baseballs with free shipping. It's a really nice ball and I could never afford it but just had to laugh when I saw a shipping charge. No offense Memory Lane just having some fun. They are really good guys there and have bid in there auctions and was really happy. They always have nice stuff.

yanks12025
09-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Makes you wonder how something like that can stay perfect for 60+ years.

Forever Young
09-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Makes you wonder how something like that can stay perfect for 60+ years.

why?? probably in a box after someone got their hero's signature. The person decided not to use a bat on it while playing in the back yard. Babe signed a ton of stuff...

Regarding the shipping.. I am sure it is just a template they used.. I doubt they consciously put in 15.00 shipping for a 100k item. I bet that if you were interested, they would waive it for you....just a guess:)
They sure do have some great stuff for sale regardless.

travrosty
09-16-2012, 02:26 PM
i see it comes with 2 psa's certificates, the first one the ball got graded, then they took it to james spence, who at least had the good sense to take it out of the sealed cube to inspect it this time.

then of course they had to go back to psa to have it certed a second time and encapsulated and sealed a 2nd time. keep paying the authenticators, my friends!

Forever Young
09-18-2012, 06:28 PM
i see it comes with 2 psa's certificates, the first one the ball got graded, then they took it to james spence, who at least had the good sense to take it out of the sealed cube to inspect it this time.

then of course they had to go back to psa to have it certed a second time and encapsulated and sealed a 2nd time. keep paying the authenticators, my friends!

And it will achieve a much higher price because of it. Therefore, "your friends" will continue to do so. If they didn't, they would be morons. What would you do if you had the ball and wanted to sell it?