PDA

View Full Version : How are you doing on your hobby-related New Years resolutions?

HexsHeroes
09-12-2012, 08:32 AM
How did you do with regards to keeping to your 2012 autograph-collecting resolutions ?

For me personally, as the end of year 2012 is merely hours away, it has been an unbelievable year. Where the opportunity to cross off one autograph need on my want list constitutes a very good year (2 = great, 3 = outstanding), I was able to add four "wants" to my vintage Detroit Tigers autograph collection. That would not have happened without the help of Rhys Yeakley (2 autographs), Jodi Birkholm (1 autograph), and Jim Stinson (1 autograph). Jim also provided me with a tough duplicate that was priced too good to pass on (smarter purchase?). Otherwise, with only a handful of other exceptions, my resolution was accomplished. 2013 will certainly be more of a challenge, but for now, I am going to savor the successes of 2012.

Cheers !!!

bender07
12-31-2012, 07:04 AM
I changed course mid year and have made better progress than I had expected on the 1903 WS participants (5). I'm hoping to get one HOF from the roster (likely Clarke) and a couple others next year.

Who were you able to get this year for your Tigers collection? What's the scope of the collection?

HexsHeroes
12-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Primary scope of my collection remains former Detroit Tigers ballplayers between the years of 1901 through 1945. I have expanded it to include many of the Detroit coaches and executives during that period. And during my early collecting years, I obtained several Detroit ballplayer signatures from the 1900 team too.

The four crossed off from my want list this year were Edward "Tubby" Spencer, Joseph Cobb, Charles "Sea Lion" Hall, and Fredrick Payne.