PDA

View Full Version : Any hope of this being legit?

Ejm1
09-11-2012, 08:39 PM
It has a Scoreboard Cert. that I know is often faked, any thoughts that this may have slipped through the cracks and be the real deal? Pic is not that good but its from a local auction website, sorry.
Thanks.

isaac2004
09-11-2012, 08:49 PM
It has a Scoreboard Cert. that I know is often faked, any thoughts that this may have slipped through the cracks and be the real deal? Pic is not that good but its from a local auction website, sorry.
Thanks.

I could use a better pic, but the Mantle and Dimaggio are more than likely fake and look like all the blue pen autos from Florida

Deertick
09-12-2012, 04:52 AM
FAKE. Stay away from vertical sigs in blue sharpie. COA looks like a copy of a copy of a copy.

HOF Auto Rookies
09-12-2012, 09:07 AM
FAKE. Stay away from vertical sigs in blue sharpie. COA looks like a copy of a copy of a copy.

No kidding, says "Uke Snider" signed it. It's missing the "D", bad copy job

shelly
09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
This is a Florida special.:eek:

RichardSimon
09-12-2012, 12:16 PM
I could use a better pic, but the Mantle and Dimaggio are more than likely fake and look like all the blue pen autos from Florida

Those blue pen autos don't erase either.
I had bought 2 of them from Always At Auction, to see them in person and conduct some testing.
I attempted to erase the signature of Ted Williams with one of those Clic Erase things, which supposedly will remove sharpie ink from a glossy photo. Though it affected the gloss on the photo it did nothing to the signature on the photo.
There is something different about how these "signatures" are winding up on a photo. It is not the normal procedure, perhaps a laser print while using a forgery as the template.
Strange things happen in Florida :D.

isaac2004
09-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Those blue pen autos don't erase either.
I had bought 2 of them from Always At Auction, to see them in person and conduct some testing.
I attempted to erase the signature of Ted Williams with one of those Clic Erase things, which supposedly will remove sharpie ink from a glossy photo. Though it affected the gloss on the photo it did nothing to the signature on the photo.
There is something different about how these "signatures" are winding up on a photo. It is not the normal procedure, perhaps a laser print while using a forgery as the template.

If you see these at a show, you should ask to see it then start "erasing" the signature, watch the seller freak out :)

Ejm1
09-12-2012, 05:55 PM
A big Thank You to all who replied and those who just checked it out, gotta help each other out in these treacherous hobby times.

Fuddjcal
09-12-2012, 05:58 PM
:oThose blue pen autos don't erase either.

I have to correct Mr. Simon....you mean you bought "2 of them from "ALWAYS FAKE AT AUCTION"....:o

HMMM Jorge Tony Podsada lives in Florida:eek::confused::):(:p:rolleyes::cool:;

kengoldin
09-12-2012, 10:52 PM
That blank photograph was never used by SB to get autographs.
In addition, SB never had the 4 centerfielders sign ANYTHING.
ANYTHING signed by ALL FOUR players with a SB cert is a FAKE
Willie Mickey and the Duke,...yes....but with Joe D.
NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Wymers Auction
09-12-2012, 11:44 PM
That blank photograph was never used by SB to get autographs.
In addition, SB never had the 4 centerfielders sign ANYTHING.
ANYTHING signed by ALL FOUR players with a SB cert is a FAKE
Willie Mickey and the Duke,...yes....but with Joe D.
NOT A SINGLE ONE.
Thanks for that info Ken nice to know.

RichardSimon
09-13-2012, 06:08 AM
:o

I have to correct Mr. Simon....you mean you bought "2 of them from "ALWAYS FAKE AT AUCTION"....:o

HMMM Jorge Tony Podsada lives in Florida:eek::confused::):(:p:rolleyes::cool:;

As usual you are right fuddj,, sorry for the slip up :D.