PDA

View Full Version : OT Just wanted to share a pic... 9/11

Vegas-guy
09-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Hey everyone!

The view from my apt. has a new color tonight..:D For those who are not in the NYC area or that haven't seen it yet, I wanted to share this pic. of the new (Freedom Tower) or World Trade One.

Let us always remember....

deebro041
09-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone!

The view from my apt. has a new color tonight..:D For those who are not in the NYC area or that haven't seen it yet, I wanted to share this pic. of the new (Freedom Tower) or World Trade One.

Let us always remember....

+1000
Although I am from Canada, the footage of this tragedy always brings tears to my eyes and a salute from my heart to all the courageous heros who responded for help and support in every way!!

Tao_Moko
09-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Shortly after the day of 911 I left my job, wife, dog and rejoined my Marine Corps unit and headed over to Afghanistan as quickly as possible. Pictured is my combat crew. We are still losing troops on an average of about one per day so thanks for keeping the reason alive so we can remember to be thankful for what we have and those helping us keep it. There is a whole new generation of war fighters over there now and some were in elementary school when I first went. It's crazy how long we've been fighting this war.

thetruthisoutthere
09-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Thank you for posting that photo, Reg.

The images and videos of 9/11 still bring tears and anger.

God Bless our troops.

wazoo
09-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Always have to remember, we cannot forget this tragedy. Beautiful picture, it speaks a thousand words.

God bless the men and women risking their lives everyday.

Jay Wolt
09-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Eric thank you for you're service.
My eldest was a senior in high school and signed up w/ the Marines after 9/11 and started boot camp at Parris Island after he graduated HS.

thetruthisoutthere
09-10-2012, 08:34 PM
+1

We can never forget.

curtis-cards
09-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks for sharing and thanks to our troops for fighting for our freedom!

Ladder7
09-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Very nice shot. Thankyou Jersey

A couple of us were out of town at a HazMat drill that AM. Ironically, we were by the Pilgrim Nuke plant conducting a mass-decontamination drill with Plymouth Fire when we'd finally got through to the senior station LT down on Manhattan. He asked us to please get a crew down here asap. We screamed home and threw as much gear as we could, into a dept. pickup, were gratefully given a donated minibus and provisions for the week, then hit I95 south. We breezed through all the checkpoints, but eventually had to ditch the van on 29th.

The Station was empty except for a dispatcher and a retired guy that came in to help out. We were told the South Tower was where we should find the duty crew. We met up with another company from western Mass on foot, heading south down 3rd Ave. We had a lot of equip, so we snagged an idle city bus that had been assigned to stage there to evacuate the anticipated hundreds of injured. The driver said to Hell with that and got us all swiftly through many obstacles and shortcuts to as close as possible by Wall St (I sure hope he kept his job).

When the Massholes arrived on scene around 1700hrs, we found TL-7's sister company (E-16) fatigued, but positive. We tried to direct them out to rehab. Of course, they never took break until early the next day, when they could barely breath. It wasn't chaotic as we expected. They were in rescue mode, stoic, controlled and determined. Gratefully, it was contagious and helped carry us for the week.

Thanks for remembering those murdered and especially the remarkable men and women of NYC. And can't forget our military protectors over there.

photo; TL-7's crew... On perpetual watch

jcmtiger
09-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Thats a great picure of a sad day. But, sure would like to live in that apartment, great view.

Joe

Matthew80
09-10-2012, 11:14 PM
+1

Wonder if soldiers want cards as a care package?

tjb1952tjb
09-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Steve..........Thanks for your firsthand remembrance of that tragic day. A day seared into my mind and heart forever. Still hurts.............

Leon
09-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Reg- Thanks for posting that picture especially on the anniversary day of remembrance. Thanks to Eric (Semper Fi) and Steve for ya'lls duty too.

MVSNYC
09-11-2012, 08:24 AM
we'll always remember

thanks to all who have served (soldiers, firefighters, police, etc).

MVSNYC
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Steve- on AOL's home page, there is a 9/11 tribute with photos, this photo is their lead pic for the story...looks like a pic of Cain from your ladder!?

iwantitiwinit
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
U.S.A. best country on the face of the earth. Pride and Power tough combo to beat. Period.

tnfoto
09-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Here's to the memory of former Detroit minor leaguer Mike Weinberg (http://voicesofseptember11.org/dev/memorial_biography.php?idbio=617735324), who responded (as did so many others) even though he was off-duty on 9/11.