PDA

View Full Version : Demmitt St.Louis in Huggins&Scott

Tomman1961
09-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Huggins and Scott has their on-line catalogue up for their October auction, with a T-206 Demmitt graded 2.5.
No lot number yet. Any advice as to where I should bid to? Never will I get a Wagner nor Plank, but this card is within my reach.

iwantitiwinit
09-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks I might bid for that also.

egbeachley
09-09-2012, 05:22 PM
I never look through their auctions so I would have missed it. Been looking for a nice looking lower grade Demmitt. This one us perfect I'm going to register now with H&S to bid on it.

Jlighter
09-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Huggins and Scott has their on-line catalogue up for their October auction, with a T-206 Demmitt graded 2.5.
No lot number yet. Any advice as to where I should bid to? Never will I get a Wagner nor Plank, but this card is within my reach.

Posting this may not have been one of your best ideas.

Mikehealer
09-09-2012, 05:38 PM

It looks like your consignment the card will have a couple of bidders.

Matthew H
09-09-2012, 05:44 PM
50k seems like a reasonable bid.

Jlighter
09-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Mike- did not even consider self promotion, but after looking at the post again it seems pretty obvious.

Orioles1954
09-09-2012, 06:01 PM
He is not the consignor.

James

Mikehealer
09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Jake- seems like asking what a g/vg example is worth would suffice.

packs
09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I bet a mil would take it. I'd bid that much to be sure.

ullmandds
09-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I hate t206's but I think I want that demmitt...there's something about it?!?!

chaddurbin
09-09-2012, 06:30 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=t206+demmitt+lot

p.s. to pete--demmitt suck, o'hara is where it's at.

ullmandds
09-09-2012, 06:36 PM
i've already owned an o'hara...but never a Demitt?!?!?!:rolleyes:

Jlighter
09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=t206+demmitt+lot

p.s. to pete--demmitt suck, o'hara is where it's at.

That's a great website.

E93
09-09-2012, 07:19 PM

$500 more than before this thread started. ;)
JimB

Gradedcardman
09-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Great post to find the next great comodian of Net54 !!

Tao_Moko
09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Pretty sure I saw one on our own b/s/t for a reasonable price. No fees or stress and you can probably negotiate for it. That is if it's still available and you are ok with a lesser condition example for your collection.

Tomman1961
09-12-2012, 05:05 PM
I am appalled by a lot of the posts to my thread.Especially JLighter , Mike healer, and Mathew H. I must thank Orioles1954 for backing me up/ I enjoy looking at other's cards and collections. And then talking to some of you guys. But to accuse me of being the consigner of this lot to raise a bid, and then insult me by saying it goes for 50K disgusts me. I enjoy coming home from a hard days work and looking at great old cards as relaxation-not to have this kind of BS thrown at me. I asked a very simple question and get this nonsense? I have been collercting since 1973 and now find myself able to afford this card, and just wanted a range of where you would think it would be. Nothing more than just a simple question. I don't get it. I hoped for an adult conversation here, and get BS responses and accusations. I am so pissed off I must stop rambling now.
Leon? Any idea why this happens?

Jlighter
09-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I am appalled by a lot of the posts to my thread.Especially JLighter , Mike healer, and Mathew H. I must thank Orioles1954 for backing me up/ I enjoy looking at other's cards and collections. And then talking to some of you guys. But to accuse me of being the consigner of this lot to raise a bid, and then insult me by saying it goes for 50K disgusts me. I enjoy coming home from a hard days work and looking at great old cards as relaxation-not to have this kind of BS thrown at me. I asked a very simple question and get this nonsense? I have been collercting since 1973 and now find myself able to afford this card, and just wanted a range of where you would think it would be. Nothing more than just a simple question. I don't get it. I hoped for an adult conversation here, and get BS responses and accusations. I am so pissed off I must stop rambling now.

Sorry that you feel offended. It just seemed odd that you made it very specific. As if you were asking people to bid on it. It might have just been easier to post a picture of it, unless of course you like paying more at auctions.

Matthew H
09-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I wasn't trying to offend you. I think stuff comes off more mean spirited behind text on a screen. I tend to joke my way through life, sorry about that.

Go to vintagecardprices.com and pay 3.99 and see all the past sales. Trust me, it's better them alerting all of your competition about what's for sale. If you don't want I subscribe. PM me and I'll check the site for you.

egbeachley
09-12-2012, 05:27 PM
To me it was a toss-up on whether the OP was trying to get a higher price for his consignment or if the OP made the mistake of identifying a specific auction that will likely make it more expensive to acquire.

There will always be another.

Added to mention that there is no reason to be "appalled". Seemingly simple questions with the purpose of generating interest and higher bids occurs all the time.

Mikehealer
09-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Tomman, sorry I upset you, but it seemed a little odd to be so specific about a
fairly common card that sells at auction multiple times a year. A quick search of auction results would have given you the answer to your question.

Again, sorry for upsetting you.

FrankWakefield
09-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Maybe around $2600 would be a good price. It'll probably go for a bit more.

Partly just wanted to show you someone here could answer a question...

Vegas-guy
09-12-2012, 06:27 PM
I just don't understand:confused: I normally don't chime in on these threads but this one rubbed me wrong!

I just don't understand the big deal of posting about an auction prior to it ending! Can you honestly tell me that if your truly looking for a Demmitt (or whomever) that you wouldn't have know about an auction?

Now I could see if it was some kind of private sale or something that was 1 or 2 days, but hell auctions like this run upwards of 20 days! Not to mention no T206 is all that "rare" and if it was chances are you can't afford it!!

Please enlighten me???

peterose4hof
09-12-2012, 07:23 PM

Lighten up, Francis!

Wymers Auction
09-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Lighten up, Francis!
Don't call me Francis!!!

Leon
09-13-2012, 07:19 AM

Over the years we have had countless people come on the board and post about current auctions of their OWN items in order to get more publicity. Very few people, including myself, want to draw MORE attention to something we have a serious interest in, in a current auction. If you look back at the very recent S74 Cobby thread I started you will note that I overpaid for an item that was sold very recently in a Huggins and Scott Auction. I watch their auctions very closely but just missed that silk. So, saying it's in a public auction and will be seen anyway is not always the case. Hope this answers your question. I wouldn't get too upset at what the board was collectively thinking concerning your post. The reactions were quite normal, historically speaking, and I don't think were necessarily targeted at you personally (though of course it is your thread, it is more a general reaction to this type of post).

Orioles1954
09-13-2012, 08:55 AM
I would advise the OP to call an auction house and ask to see what their prices realized have been in the past. H&S has handled several Demmitt variations in various grades and we would not be against someone calling and asking how much item XYZ goes for. We actually field close to a dozen such calls per week. Again, the OP is not the consignor. I sould know, I wrote the lot.

Tomman1961
09-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I came off strong on my post because this 51 year old guy who has been a serious collector since age 12 was surprised at the answers.Leon informed me about things that happen to drive auction prices up. I truly did not know that posts go up to increase a consigners bid. Oriole1954 confirmed I am not the consigner. Anyway. I thank everyone for their advice, websites,etc. And this is a big thumbs up to the guys I mentioned in my rant.Everyone I mentioned has come back to me and explained their post-to my satisfaction.

danmckee
09-15-2012, 02:39 PM
The author of this thread is NOT the consigner. I am 100% sure of that. Dan Mckee.