PDA

View Full Version : Sick & Tired of Non-Payers

Buythatcard
09-03-2012, 09:37 AM
At least once a week, I have a non-payer on eBay. Each time, I open a dispute with eBay. I understand that it takes about 3 strikes against a buyer to get him kicked off eBay.

Recently, I had a buyer who has bought several cards from me in the past without incident. Recently, he bought 20 cards but decided that he only wanted to pay for 2 of them. I sent him reminders for over 2 weeks and gave him every chance in the book to settle. I received no responses, so had to open up 18 disputes which eventually led to 18 strikes.

He paid no attention to the strikes and even left me positive feedbacks for the 2 cards he paid for.

Meanwhile, he is still an active eBayer who buys and sells cards as though he did nothing wrong. It just pisses me off that he can get away with this. I looked back on his past feedback and saw that he has done this before.

I don't like to mention names on this forum but am very tempted to do so.

Leon
09-03-2012, 09:40 AM
As long as it's true and your name is out here, Howard, mention away.....Inquiring minds want to know :).

vintagetoppsguy
09-03-2012, 10:36 AM
I understand that it takes about 3 strikes against a buyer to get him kicked off eBay.

From what I understand, that is not the case anymore. You see many NPBs with multiple strikes so eBay just no longer cares.

D. Bergin
09-03-2012, 11:26 AM
From what I understand, that is not the case anymore. You see many NPBs with multiple strikes so eBay just no longer cares.

It's part of Ebay's new "Seller Protection Policy". ;)

drc
09-03-2012, 11:46 AM
in eBay's defense, I'm sure the want customers to pay.

olrac44
09-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Of course eBay wants them to pay so that eBay can collect their fees.
The joke is that Howard can't leave this bidder 18 negative feedbacks for non-payment. I think if people had their reputation (eBay feedback) on the line they wouldn't pull stunts like this as often.

It's a big joke. Now two weeks have been wasted and now you have to re-list the items, yet the consequences for the non-paying customer is minimal.

I wish there was a Coke to Pepsi competiion in the auction world.

kmac32
09-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Been selling a little on eBay recently and have been very fortunate. Understand Howard's frustration however. If you haven't done so, block this idiot!

ctownboy
09-03-2012, 01:12 PM
I sell some things on eBay and when I have a non-paying bidder, I first file the complaint. After that goes through and I get my fees refunded, I relist the item and I make a revision to the original description.

Since eBay no longer allows me to leave Negative Feed Back for a non-paying bidder if a claim has been filed, I say in the very first line of my relisting that ",kmnj," bid on but never paid for this item the first time it was listed.

This way people know WHY I am relisting an item and that the person who originally bid is NOT a good eBay buyer.

David

Buythatcard
09-03-2012, 01:25 PM
The first thing I did was block the idiot. He sent me an email the other day after I sent him 18 strikes: "PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO READ #251143829671 AUCTION AND YOU WILL BETTER UNDERSTANDING"

So, I went to the listing to get a better understanding why this buyer would not pay. After going to the listing, I still don't have a better understanding. Check out the listing and tell me what I'm missing here. What I do know is that he is still an active eBayer.

I responded to him, and said that I had no idea what you are talking about.

He responded by saying "WHEN MY BANK OPENS MY ACCOUNTS I WILL PAY MY DEDT."

I told him it was too late and that he should have been kicked off eBay.

P.S. I did not mention his user name but you can figure it out now.

:confused:

t206hound
09-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I haven't done it, but you can set up 'buyer requirements' for each of your items. This can include minimum feedback rating and unpaid items on the account.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Wite3
09-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Guy is scum...continued to buy cards and pay for others...lots of others in the last few days...added to my blocked buyer/seller list. BTW, buythatcard is one of the better ebayers and members...it is shame this continues to happen.

Buythatcard
09-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks Joshua.

As long as there are items to sell, there will be scum out there who think that they can get away with anything.

Atleast we can stop some of them thru the boards.

CobbSpikedMe
09-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I only sell occasionally on eBay but have still had a couple npb. I hate it when it happens because I'm usually watching my items until they close and am happy to have sold them. Then when I wait and wait for payment and it never comes it sucks. I'm usually trying to raise some funds for another purchase and having someone not pay throws that off. Then I have to wait for the whole claim process to go through before listing again and then wait another week for another auction to run it's course. Total pain. I can't imagine having one buyer skip out on 18 items. That would be very upsetting for sure. I feel for you. Sorry you had to deal with this crap.

turtleguy64
09-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Guess I've also been one of the lucky ebay sellers,always get paid.Of course,I just list about 10 lots a week.On the other side ,there have been two sellers on ebay blocking my future bids.I committed the crime of asking for refunds on undersized cards.is it just me or there has been a Biblical like plague of undersized cards selling on ebay,not to mention trimmed items ? I've had to be careful what i'm buying due to that fact that i always relist what I buy on ebay in future auctions.I don't want to be selling those undersized items.If i do,I advertise that fact in the action description.

buymycards
09-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Howard, even though you gave this loser 18 npb's it only counts as one. This guy needs npb's from 3 different sellers. It should be one npb and the buyer gets his account closed unless payment is made. Another thing to remember is to block the buyer as soon as you file the npb so the guy can't purchase another item from you and give you negative feedback. Even if someone pays me after I file an npb I still block him so I don't have to deal with him again.

Rick

Sterling Sports Auctions
09-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Ebay doesn't care if sellers don't sell the items they are suppose to either. I recently won a T202 from a seller that was selling other cards and coins, his feed back was around 40, he proceeded to not send out items to at least 8 buyers (that is how many negatives he got) and still didn't get kicked off. His % was below 90%.

It just doesn't surprise me and that is why I have minimized my ebay transaction especially selling in the last 4 or 5 years.

Lee