PDA

View Full Version : lost cards

Runscott
08-31-2012, 08:59 AM
UPS just called me - they have a large lot of around 32 mostly-graded T206's with a bad return address and no 'to' address. They found my business card inside, which makes no sense.

Please contact me if this involves you. I'll ask you a few questions, as I have more detail.

Leon
08-31-2012, 09:00 AM
UPS just called me - they have a large lot of around 32 mostly-graded T206's with a bad return address and no 'to' address. They found my business card inside, which makes no sense.

Please contact me if this involves you. I'll ask you a few questions, as I have more detail.

If they have white borders I think they are mine!!

terjung
08-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Perhaps it was someone that you sent cards to in the past and they reused a box?

rainier2004
08-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Perhaps it was someone that you sent cards to in the past and they reused a box?

I do this all time - Mr Brian Van Horn has packages all over the country from me as I just flip them over and use the other side (I do scratch out our names though).

But seriously, I am missing a box shipped to Idaho and the name is Greek in origin if any of this matters.

Runscott
08-31-2012, 09:31 AM
My name/address wasn't anywhere on the box. The UPS person found one of my business cards inside the box, so she called me.

UPS just called again - they are sending the cards back to the UPS store where they originated, but that's not getting them all the way back to the actual sender.

Hint: the name I have is Greek and one of the undeliverable addresses is in Idaho.

iwantitiwinit
08-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Nick Papageorgio?

Bosox Blair
08-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Probably Canada's fault...:).

Cheers,
Blair

Runscott
08-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Probably Canada's fault...:).

Cheers,
Blair

Blair, you really shouldn't blame everything on Canada. If it's such a problem for you, just move to the U.S. - the passive aggressive stuff would fit right in with Seattle.

To others, who have something useful to add, I'd really like to help connect the shipper with the intended recipient, so if you shipped, or are expecting to receive, around 32 T206 cards from UPS, let me know and I'll try to help out. The only name involved is of Greek origin (not sure if it's the seller or buyer), and one of the addresses is in Idaho.

PM me if you have additional info, as I won't be re-checking this hijacked thread, for obvious reasons.

drc
08-31-2012, 11:29 AM
My dad more than once told me to include the addresses inside the package, and this instance illustrates why.

I also agree that it could be an case of someone you once sold to re-using your packaging and the business card was still in the box, newspaper, peanuts or whatever.