PDA

View Full Version : Willie & Hank Booted of Ebay.

Paulanthony
08-23-2012, 12:22 PM
This was removed less then TEN Minutes of the listing. Are the signatures bad or did my old GAI certs raise a RED FLAG? Priddy & Roach are on the certs.
If you check the Cert. Number on GAI's web page. You get this.-- Service Certification Number: GV227548 Autograph: Willie Mays/Hank Aaron Item: 8 X 10 Photo Description: Autograph ( Picture. DELETED)

Ebay notification.
We're sorry to tell you the following listing was removed

- We received reports regarding the authenticity of the autographs in your listing. Even though your item includes a certificate of authenticity issued by an eBay approved autograph authentication company, we are respecfully requesting that you do not relist this item on eBay. Please be aware that relisting this item may result in a temporary seller restriction or, if necessary, an indefinite account suspension.

If it's bad I don't have any problem or issue. I will hang it up in the Garage over the Garbage can. I will put the certs in the Garbage can. I will chalk it up as another bad forgery off the market.

Big Dave
08-23-2012, 03:22 PM
It has been my experience that anything with a GAI cert gets kicked off eBay regardless of the authenticity, unless you also have another cert from one of their TPAs also included. No comment on the authenticity of these autographs, just ebay's policy.

RichardSimon
08-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Priddy's company ACE, the one he formed after leaving Global, is on the ebay banned list.

Paulanthony
08-25-2012, 10:09 AM
It has been my experience that anything with a GAI cert gets kicked off eBay regardless of the authenticity, unless you also have another cert from one of their TPAs also included. No comment on the authenticity of these autographs, just ebay's policy.

I do have an issue with the Ebay notification. (quote) We received reports regarding the authenticity of the autographs in your listing.
Who made the reports.? (Was it, Ebay experts, who are they?)
What are the qualifications of the person or persons who looked at the signatures?
What method was used to make the determination?
Without any explanation of the notification this is equivalent to a mother telling her child !no because I sad so! Ebay and the mother should replace a no explanation using details or reasons . Ebay does what they want because they are the only game in town and they know it. If GAI is on the list of approved authenticators then how do they justify removing some items and not all of them. GAI listings should be removed and added to the banned list. If I forwarded my questions to ebay I have no doubt I would not get an answer. I bought the item from a reputable dealer I do business with, he sells only certified Items authenticated by the big boys, PSA JSA & GAI. I am not qualified to judge any signatures for authentication. (However) Before I listed the item I knew I may have a problem. I checked several Items using the same picture with similiar signatures already certified by JSA & PSA. in my opinion they looked good. Looking good is far from being the real deal.

This is a PSA certified photo I used to compare with the one I listed.

Paulanthony
11-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Today I went to my favorite card show. Aleppo Shriners 99 Fordham Road Wilmington, MA. (Sure Shot Promotions) I had a handful of cards I wanted Graded by SGC. I attend the show every year and have built a relationship with The SGC Employer Bill. The show was great tons of tables and I did find some good deals. I decided to bring My Mays Aaron 8x10 signed picture. I knew JSA would have a booth. My decision to do so was based on research and an extensive study of both signatures. Much of the information was obtained on Net54 ( thank you) and many signed pieces already authenticated BY PSA, JSA. I handed the Photo to a Spence Employer and looked for a reaction. He was stoned faced even though the photo had GIA plastered all over it. I filled out the paper work Plus $50.00 and was told to return in two hours. OK good for me, it passed, Spence employer said it's as good as it gets. I just wanted to do a follow up. Great board Thanks.

Big Dave
11-02-2012, 05:46 PM
It's just ebay....Since they endorsed GAI for years, and many people bought items based on GAI bring a eBay recommended authentication company, ebay can't just place them on their banned list, so they just remove anything with a GAI cert and use that bs standard language they sent you. ....Seriously, just look at how quickly they took it down...10 minutes after you listed it...believe they have a program that looks for GAI certs and automatically removes the item, regardless of the authenticity......I just list without the GAI cert...and send it along when the item is purchased....Not worried about the authenticity, as I sell the item, not the cert.