PDA

View Full Version : Story about Mets reprint Santana no hitter ticket

RichardSimon
08-21-2012, 08:11 AM
http://metspolice.com/2012/08/21/reprinted-mets-no-hitter-tickets/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheMetsPolice+%28The+Mets+Pol ice%29

drc
08-21-2012, 11:19 AM
I haven't compared the tickets (as I have neither), but with card collectors it's considered unethical to make a reprint that isn't clearly different than the original.

But as I earlier noted on this board, someone who attended the game could get a notarized dated letter with pic of the ticket before the reprints came out and that would show that his ticket is genuine.

But no, no Mets fan would listen to my sage advice. And who has the last laugh now? Me! A Brewers fan of all people!

Heh Heh Heh (That was my evil laugh)

HRBAKER
08-21-2012, 11:24 AM
It's just a slab away from legitimacy.

More tickets than seats!

drc
08-21-2012, 11:36 AM
For the record, I know one Mets fan personally, a native of NYC, and she's very nice. She's never teased me because I'm from Wisconsin. No cow or cheese jokes.

I did once tell a Dodgers fan from Los Angeles that I grew up a Brewers fan. She said, "I didn't knew the Brewers had fans."

Scott Garner
08-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Net54 member Gary Dunaier reported in a different post about the Santana reprint tickets that he received yesterday. Here is what he said:

"My reprints of the tickets from Johan Santana's no-hitter arrived today.

The reprints are the season ticket style with the Bobby Ojeda image posted earlier in this thread.

The tickets appear to be exactly the same - the account number is printed on the tickets, and there is a barcode. The barcode on the reprints differs from that on the original, but since each barcode is unique, that's not a way to tell the difference.

However, there is one significant difference. The words "SEASON TICKET" do not appear on the reprint. So, thankfully, there is a way to tell the originals apart from the reprints"

I added this info in my post that followed his:

Gary,
That's AWESOME news!

I should mention that some of the original season ticket stock tickets do not say "Season Ticket". Some say "Plan Ticket", which would indicate that the ticket holder had purchased tickets to only a portion of the season, say 20 or 30 games. I purchased mine from one such plan holder and when I checked mine, this is what it stated.

Thanks for the follow up.

margoaepi
08-22-2012, 05:17 PM
I will always know my ticket is real because I was at the game, came home, took out the Bobby O tickets and put them in a very safe place.

Gary Dunaier
08-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Here's an image of the two, side by side, as posted on Flickr by user robardin (http://www.flickr.com/photos/robardin/7828251230/). The original is on the left, the reprint on the right.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8155/7828251230_e44ae54e09_b.jpg

mcgwirecom
08-25-2012, 01:22 PM
How did you manage to get the same seat? I thought it would be random.

Gary Dunaier
08-26-2012, 12:16 AM
The Mets' press release announcing the reprints, with relevant information underlined by me:

The New York Mets today announced tickets from Johan Santana's no-hitter, the first in franchise history, will be reprinted for fans wishing to secure a pristine keepsake from the historic game. Fans can purchase tickets reprinted on Season Ticket Holder stock for $50 each, plus order and shipping fees. The tickets will be available starting Monday, June 11 at 10:00 a.m. on Mets.com.

Mets Season Ticket Holders will receive complimentary reprints of every seat in their account. An order and shipping fee will apply.

Mets 40-Game, 20-Game, 15-Game and 6-Game Plan and Pack Holders whose packages included the June 1 game will receive a discounted rate of $30 per ticket, plus per ticket and shipping fees.

Plan and Pack Holders whose packages didn't include last Friday's game, will be able to purchase reprints for $40 per ticket, plus per ticket and shipping fees, through an exclusive pre-sale on Mets.com starting tomorrow, Friday, June 8.

The Mets will reprint all 41,922 seats at Citi Field. There is a limit of four seats per order. Fans can select a seating category and receive the best available seat in that location.

(Source (http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120607&content_id=32924128&vkey=pr_nym&c_id=nym))

drc
08-26-2012, 01:30 AM
A reprint isn't a "pristine keepsake from the historic game."

Scott Garner
08-26-2012, 02:33 AM

David,
That statement couldn't be more true! Greed is a scary thing... :rolleyes:

RichardSimon
08-26-2012, 06:43 AM

+1