PDA

View Full Version : My little E98 project...Complete for now!

ullmandds
08-17-2012, 09:34 AM
As part of my goal in type collecting the past 25 or some-odd years...I've tried to acquire all different backs for an issue...as well as front color/team/text variations...so about 12 years ago I procured an e98 blue jennings...and this was my first e98! So obviously I started looking for the other colors as well...next I was able to buy a greenie off ebay. At last years chicago nat'l there was a dealer with a beater red one...but he wanted 8-900 for it...PASS!!!!! I found this much nicer red one on ebay last year for a bunch less money...and just yesterday...I received my final orange one in the mail.

I must say...it seems when I've selected type cards for my collection in my life...e98 jennings...e97 nichols(phil/cleveland)...I tend to have picked some tougher cards within the set to find...just by chance?! With the Swamp find...and only 1 jennings card represented...it already was considered a tougher card within the set 3 of my 4 are diamond cut...maybe many were discarded due to really really bad cuts?. And my damn e97 nichols...I've been trying to buy an e97 Phil variation since 1995 or so...I've seen a few...but often part of a set/grouping...otherwise too expensive!!!!

I can't imagine the task of those collectors going for master sets of e98...e94...what a long and winding road this must be...here's to attrition!!!!!

tiger8mush
08-17-2012, 11:11 AM
congrats Peter! Good luck w/your E97 Nichols variation quest!
:)

tbob
08-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Nice cards Peter. I really like your red Jennings, glad you waited and found a nice one at the price you liked.

HRBAKER
08-17-2012, 02:16 PM
EEEEYAH!

Nice Pete!

I picked up a E97 Nichols Phila b/w @ the Nat.

ethicsprof
08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
congrats, Pete.
quite the milestone!
all the best,
barry

wazoo
08-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Great looking cards. Congrats.