PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations on PC literature?

rainier2004
08-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Alright gang with my recent purchase I started thinking more and more about post cards. Any good books out there that focus strictly on pc's, rarity, printing/photos, etc? I have some time to kill as I am about a Ford in debt b/c of the National. I had to post this scan again...I love this card! Also, if anyone knows the SGC pop of this Id love to know. Thanks in advance!

Bicem
08-15-2012, 10:54 PM
1 SGC 40
1 SGC 50
1 SGC 60

kinda surprised that it's that low, 11 graded Walter Johnson cards in comparison.

Menchine's postcard books are not very informative, but do have some great pc pics.

JLange
08-16-2012, 04:10 AM
There are several reference books you may want to take a look at that cover baseball postcards more in depth than other sources, as follows:

Sports Postcard Price Guide, by J.L. Mashburn, 1998

Tuff Stuff's Baseball Postcard Collection, by Ron Menchine, 1999

Both reference books are worth a look and have information and photos on baseball issues (and other sports, in the first reference) that you won't find anywhere else. Pricing and values are doubtful as the references are a bit dated, but they can give you a sense of relative value when comparing issues perhaps. I have both references and come back to them often.

Good luck!

rainier2004
08-16-2012, 05:47 AM
Thanks Jeff and JLang, I always appreciate assistance. I'm starting to figure out who the PC guys are here from past threads...

Jaybird
08-16-2012, 11:23 AM
PCs are overrated. They're not even cards! And they smell funny.