PDA

View Full Version : Teaming Up?

olrac44
08-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Anyone team up with other collectors to take down large lots and then break them down based upon the percentage of money each collector put in?

There is a VG-EX T-206 set in Legendary's auction but I don't need all or can afford to buy the whole set on my own.

Please PM me if you have any input. Thanks!

HOF Auto Rookies
08-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes, happens all the time. I've done it for just a select few cards like you mentioned. It's a great way to get cards you and your partner need, without having to worry about re-selling what you don't need.

Hope that helped

darrend505
08-15-2012, 09:38 PM
I bought a lot from Heritage last year for this very purpose! It was a near set, that completed my set and helped another collector that split it with me get closer to finishing his!

wolf441
08-15-2012, 09:44 PM
That is a great idea! It would work well on large ebay lots as well. I know there are times when a 30 card lot comes up and I have about half already. It would be nice to have a group of T206 set collectors that could work together to nail down some of these bulk auctions where you can get a nice deal on a $$/per card basis.

Steve

Howe’s Hunter
08-15-2012, 09:58 PM
I've posted several times, looking for bidding partners to usually pick up just one or two cards in a large lot. Just post what lot you're interested in, what cards in the lot you want, and I usually try to break out how I would see the final bid being broken out between what I am after, and what the partner might expect to be willing to bid up to for their part. Every time more interested members than I can partner with. But a great way to pick up a card or two out of large lots.