PDA

View Full Version : What is this? Hand bound and typed 1921-1937 World Series Statistics

kmac32
08-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Hey need some help!
I have a very old hand bound and typed soft backed book with statistics from 1921 through 1937 World Series. All teams who played.
Not sure if this would have been used by a broadcaster????
Interestingly...there are different colored ribbon type used from a manual typewriter over the years.
Also Note: the picture depicting the Valve & Fitting Workers' Union, Incorporated 1937 Stowe, Pennsylvania. This paper was used for the later years to type on the reverse side. Since some are typed on years before 1937, assume the person typed to catch up on past series.
What are your thoughts Net54 people?
Thanks,
Kmac

See pictures!

whitehse
08-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey need some help!
I have a very old hand bound and typed soft backed book with statistics from 1921 through 1937 World Series. All teams who played.
Not sure if this would have been used by a broadcaster????
Interestingly...there are different colored ribbon type used from a manual typewriter over the years.
Also Note: the picture depicting the Valve & Fitting Workers' Union, Incorporated 1937 Stowe, Pennsylvania. This paper was used for the later years to type on the reverse side. Since some are typed on years before 1937, assume the person typed to catch up on past series.
What are your thoughts Net54 people?
Thanks,
Kmac

See pictures!

It doesnt appear to be anything more than a fanatical fan typing up the stats they found in the newspaper or Sporting News and putting them in book form for their own use. I have seen team issued stats and they look nothing like this. I could be wrong but I dont think this is anything more than personal reference material of a zealous fan.

kmac32
08-13-2012, 12:14 PM
It doesnt appear to be anything more than a fanatical fan typing up the stats they found in the newspaper or Sporting News and putting them in book form for their own use. I have seen team issued stats and they look nothing like this. I could be wrong but I dont think this is anything more than personal reference material of a zealous fan.

You could be right on this one. I ran across this one on eBay several years ago. I was interested in the 1921 world series part and just recently looked at the rest of it. This guy mist have really been obsessed with World Series stats.

Ken