PDA

View Full Version : American Collectors Insurance

margoaepi
08-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Anyone have any experience with them? I'm shopping around for a policy and they seemed reasonable. Thanks in advance.

Peter_Spaeth
08-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Look at Association Insurance Administrators. Davidson, NC.

poorlydrawncat
08-09-2012, 07:00 PM
I have them, but through USAA. If you have USAA, I recommend you do it through them; they give a great discount. Great customer service and really low rates (about a 1/5 of the price of homeowners insurance for the same amount of coverage). Haven't had any problems with them so far.

uyu906
08-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Which do collectors insurance do you have through USAA?

I have them, but through USAA. If you have USAA, I recommend you do it through them; they give a great discount. Great customer service and really low rates (about a 1/5 of the price of homeowners insurance for the same amount of coverage). Haven't had any problems with them so far.

poorlydrawncat
08-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Which do collectors insurance do you have through USAA?

Sorry, that was unclear. I have American Collector's Insurance.

srs1a
08-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Thank you for the tip Brendan -- we have USAA insurance and are very happy with them, I'm really psyched that collectible insurance is available through them, as well.

poorlydrawncat
08-15-2012, 01:06 PM
No prob! Also, I personally would spring for the collector's choice option. It's like 10 bucks more and covers EVERYTHING: accidents, traveling, shipping losses, and even ebay purchases. I used to spend a ton of money insuring my cards that I send to PSA. Saving money on just that more than paid for the option.

sports-rings
08-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Collectors Choice sounds very interesting. Can anyone confirm they have submitted a claim and had a positive experience with reimbursement of a loss?

Northviewcats
08-15-2012, 03:11 PM
I had a meeting with my insurance agent today to check out the cost of insuring my cards through my home owners policy. They charge 1% of the value of your collection per year. So if you have a $100,000 collection it cost $1,000 each year. Sounds high to me.

Best regards,

Joe

AndyG09
08-15-2012, 03:18 PM
I use these guys: http://www.collectinsure.com/

I signed up at last year's National and I think the rate was pretty reasonable. I've never heard a complaint about them.

Best,

Andy

smtjoy
08-15-2012, 03:23 PM
I also use same as Andy- http://www.collectinsure.com/

I have used them for over 4 years and have also had a claim I was happy with that was paid 2 years ago.

Joe my rates are almost half that.

rdixon1208
08-15-2012, 03:25 PM
I use these guys: http://www.collectinsure.com/

I signed up at last year's National and I think the rate was pretty reasonable. I've never heard a complaint about them.

Best,

Andy

I use them too. The rate is definitely reasonable. I also know that one board member has filed a claim with them and he said it was painless.

Rickyy
08-15-2012, 03:44 PM
I use them too. The rate is definitely reasonable. I also know that one board member has filed a claim with them and he said it was painless.

Me too...quick and easy and they always get back to me.

Ricky Y