PDA

View Full Version : WALK-IN acquisitions at the National....show us your goodies

tedzan
08-05-2012, 12:08 PM
The Baltimore National was really a great show.....especially meeting a young guy named Travis and his Dad; and, all the great people I chatted with
and "wheeled-n-dealed" with. I sold a bunch of cards (1888 vintage to 1953 Bowman). I believe I made Turner & Max Engle's week by having the last
card they needed to complete their T205 set.

I acquired some nice stuff from "walk-in's" at the show. Here are two of them.

A Matty for a Matty

I traded my T206 Matty (portrait) card, and several Ben Franklin's, to a friend of mine from Pennsylvania for this W600 Matty.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh622/tedzan77/W600matty.jpg

Also, I acquired a T206 from a friend from Texas....Willis (throwing) with an El Principe de Gales back (in pretty nice condition).

Show us your walk-in oldies but goodies.

TED Z

atx840
08-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Nice Ted, could you possibly provide a pic/scan of the EPDG?

tedzan
08-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Hey guys

Gee, I'm sure there must be some other interesting "walk-in" purchases at this National to show off :)

TED Z

Leon
08-07-2012, 02:34 PM
There were some walk ins but not a lot. I think mostly folks are able to buy things that dealers don't put out except at shows. Since many dealers only do the National there is always some good stuff to be had. I didn't get a chance to look enough as I get distracted quite a bit by folks I know wanting to chat. I love to shoot the bull but it doesn't make for very good searching. Next year I might dress up as Travis's avatar and be the Unknown Collector.

andybecker
08-07-2012, 02:45 PM
nice cabinet Ted. i held that last week before you got it. card is better than the scan, imo.

08-07-2012, 03:52 PM
There were some walk ins but not a lot. I think mostly folks are able to buy things that dealers don't put out except at shows. Since many dealers only do the National there is always some good stuff to be had. I didn't get a chance to look enough as I get distracted quite a bit by folks I know wanting to chat. I love to shoot the bull but it doesn't make for very good searching. Next year I might dress up as Travis's avatar and be the Unknown Collector.

That's what you get for being famous Leon! :D