PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some team managers for my 1906 sim league

milkit1
08-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Ive been running a sim league on a site called pennantchase that is pretty fun. My league started in 1901 and we are currently about start 1907. I am looking for managers for a few teams that are available.
What we do is have a one round draft to pick all the top rookies. The order teams finished in the previous season determines the order. After you pick your rookie then you draft the remaining players you need from the draft pool. Then your set you lineup and let the sim do the rest. Its very easy! Because the sim was set up for more modern play we round off the draft picks with a lot of 19th century players and current relievers. Those players last one season, but the real 1907 players stay with you until you trade them or they retire. the point of the game is to build your team to make a champion.
Since we started in 1901, I got the cub which came with all the 1901 cubbies. Ive since drafted future cubs like Frank Schulte and Mordecai Brown as well as other stars like Bill Donovan and Hal Chase. There are five teams to fill and the good news is they all finished bad so that means new managers will probably get very early draft choices. Here are some of the teams available:

Phillies - currently have Ty Cobb! Elmer Flick, Doc White etc
Pirates - currently have: honus wagner, fred clarke, tommy leach, Jack Chesbro, etc
Reds: Sam Crawford , etc
Red Sox: Chick Stahl, Danny Murphy, Jimmy Collins, Cy Young
Highlanders: Mike Donlin, Roger Bresnahan, joe McGinnity

There are also computer simmed leagues to get yourself acquainted. email me at milkit1@gmail.com
This is not my site by the way just looking for some help with my league.
thanks!