PDA

View Full Version : --A question/caution about Net54 email--

dougscats
08-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Several times when getting emails generated from Net54, I've found them in my Junk mail [as I now occasionally look for replies there].

I suspect that my own emails [ones that I've sent from Net54] have also occasionally wound up in others' Junk. It's happened at least once, for sure, but doesn't happen all the time; I often get replies.

I bring this up to ask whether this is a common problem for Net54-generated emails, or is it me/my computer programming alone?

Thanks.

Doug

drc
08-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Junk mail issues are usually a problem with the message receiver's email. I, for one, have not had such a problem-- at least as far as I know.

christopher.herman
08-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes, happens all the time.

Leon
08-04-2012, 06:07 AM
The emails probably have some kind of characteristics of the way they are written that make them go to some users junk mail. When anyone gets a PM on the board they should get an email stating so. You might be able to white-list the sender, or add it to a safe list, to help but I am not sure.

One other very important thing, which will fall on deaf ears to many, is that you shouldn't respond to that form generated email you get. If you do, then your reply comes to me and I don't want it. It says on the email that you are NOT supposed to reply to it, but follow a link, or something like that. I get an email or two a day that is not intended for me. And if you do that your email recipient probably isn't getting your response. I just delete those emails when I get them. If ya' can't read then I am not taking more time to deal with it, quite honestly. Of course if I ever see a disaster happening I will help....but generally it's just me hitting the delete button.

dougscats
01-30-2013, 09:45 AM
It just happened to me again, and a few times since last post--so I raise a red flag just for public awareness, especially to newcomers--Check your Junk mail when you don't get a reply that you're expecting to a Net54 email.

I'd say it happens 10% of the time to me, maybe more, as either sender or recipient.

Doug

Leon
01-30-2013, 09:48 AM
It just happened to me again, and a few times since last post--so I raise a red flag just for public awareness, especially to newcomers--Check your Junk mail when you don't get a reply that you're expecting to a Net54 email.

I'd say it happens 10% of the time to me, maybe more, as either sender or recipient.

Doug

Thanks Doug...and I am STILL getting several PM's for others EVERY DAY. YOU SHOULD NOT respond to the email you get telling you you have a PM. Go to the PM in the system to respond. It says it in BIG LETTERS, not to respond to this email and a ton of people still do, every single day. Here is what I wrote above again...

"One other very important thing, which will fall on deaf ears to many, is that you shouldn't respond to that form generated email you get. If you do, then your reply comes to me and I don't want it. It says on the email that you are NOT supposed to reply to it, but follow a link, or something like that. I get an email or two a day that is not intended for me. And if you do that your email recipient probably isn't getting your response. I just delete those emails when I get them. If ya' can't read then I am not taking more time to deal with it, quite honestly. Of course if I ever see a disaster happening I will help....but generally it's just me hitting the delete button."

Jaybird
01-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks Doug...and I am STILL getting several PM's for others EVERY DAY. YOU SHOULD NOT respond to the email you get telling you you have a PM. Go to the PM in the system to respond. It says it in BIG LETTERS, not to respond to this email and a ton of people still do, every single day. Here is what I wrote above again...

"One other very important thing, which will fall on deaf ears to many, is that you shouldn't respond to that form generated email you get. If you do, then your reply comes to me and I don't want it. It says on the email that you are NOT supposed to reply to it, but follow a link, or something like that. I get an email or two a day that is not intended for me. And if you do that your email recipient probably isn't getting your response. I just delete those emails when I get them. If ya' can't read then I am not taking more time to deal with it, quite honestly. Of course if I ever see a disaster happening I will help....but generally it's just me hitting the delete button."

You can set up a "rule" that would bounce those emails back to those senders if it helps you. You could also set up an additional rule that deletes those messages into your inbox automatically. Anyway, just thought I'd offer those solutions to you in case you wanted them.