PDA

View Full Version : Some National Auction Results

insidethewrapper
08-02-2012, 09:39 PM
http://reports.heritageauctions.com/direct/13qAfterAuctionSalesReport/AUG/Sale-7057.pdf

Any information on any of the other lots. This doesn't include all the E98 cards.

e107collector
08-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I was looking at the final prices on Legendary's website from last night, and some of the lots went really low, in my opinion.

The Wagner bat went for $250k, and the estimate on the website shows between $200 - $250k.

I checked my catalog and before Thursday, the estimate was at $500 -$600K.

Why would they have changed this?

Tony

travrosty
08-04-2012, 12:30 PM
a lot of stuff went lower than expected, the bottom falling out of the market, but its really just a market correction to correct the crazy overpaying that was the norm for a while.

calvindog
08-04-2012, 02:21 PM
a lot of stuff went lower than expected, the bottom falling out of the market, but its really just a market correction to correct the crazy overpaying that was the norm for a while.

Um. Sometimes "market corrections" can occur when those who normally correct the market are under indictment.

Peter_Spaeth
08-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Were Legendary's prices in fact lower than expected across the board?

Matthew H
08-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Were Legendary's prices in fact lower than expected across the board?

Peter, most lots sold within estimate range. Some sold for less, some sold for more.

I, too, thought it was strange that they cut the Wagner bat estimate in half from the catalog number... Maybe they estimated that one before the indictment?

Peter_Spaeth
08-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Peter, most lots sold within estimate range. Some sold for less, some sold for more.

I, too, thought it was strange that they cut the Wagner bat estimate in half from the catalog number... Maybe they estimated that one before the indictment?

So other than the bat, it sounds pretty much like business as usual for Legendary, so far anyhow. I guess it's hard to judge based on this auction because it had so many unique items; an auction with more run of the mill/commodity type stuff will be more telling; and of course we will see if they continue to get consignments which may be where the biggest impact is.

botn
08-05-2012, 09:46 AM
http://reports.heritageauctions.com/direct/13qAfterAuctionSalesReport/AUG/Sale-7057.pdf

Any information on any of the other lots. This doesn't include all the E98 cards.

You can log on to Heritage's site to see what the lots sold for but as has been discussed in several threads and articles, there were only 3 lots being auctioned that had E98s. Your list is only missing a lot of 9 cards that sold for around 40K.

botn
08-05-2012, 09:54 AM
So other than the bat, it sounds pretty much like business as usual for Legendary, so far anyhow.

Sounds like business as usual for any house, no? "Most lots sold within estimate range. Some sold for less, some sold for more." :confused:

Seems like a perfect opportunity to drag them through the mud anyway for having a normal results.

barrysloate
08-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Does anybody know why the Peck & Snyder trade card of Cincinnati (lot #35) was withdrawn from the Legendary Auction?

Peter_Spaeth
08-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Does anybody know why the Peck & Snyder trade card of Cincinnati (lot #35) was withdrawn from the Legendary Auction?

i think the card was indicted.

oldjudge
08-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Barry-it was found that the P&S had a NYPL stamp on the back. You can see it in the catalog image if you look closely but, in all honesty, I missed it when I looked at the catalog image.

barrysloate
08-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks Jay. I had no idea the library was missing a P & S. Simply incredible.

botn
08-05-2012, 01:36 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/fbi-seeks-doug-allen-a-week-indicting-locate-missing-1869-cincinnati-red-stockings-baseball-card-article-1.1128528

barrysloate
08-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks Greg.