PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with less than 5 feedback Buyers on Ebay

Davy_Kangaroo_Jones
07-28-2012, 10:45 AM
This item isn't a very expensive item or anything. But I hate seeing bidding on an auction look like this. How would you handle it? The two bidders have (0) and (2) feedback - let them bid, or cancel the bids?

I have always been the type of seller to take less money rather than deal with a headache.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-Babe-Ruth-BVG-2-Good-Sanella-Type-2-New-York-Yankees-HOF-/261071898378?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3cc919070a

rp12367
07-28-2012, 11:15 AM
I say let them bid. You can set up your e-bay to not allow bids under a certain feedback score for any future auctions... On a side note, some people might think something funny is going on ( not saying it is ) with quite a few low feedback bidders. Best of luck with the auction, nice card.

Davy_Kangaroo_Jones
07-28-2012, 11:18 AM
I say let them bid. You can set up your e-bay to not allow bids under a certain feedback score for any future auctions... On a side note, some people might think something funny is going on ( not saying it is ) with quite a few low feedback bidders. Best of luck with the auction, nice card.

:( - When it comes to selling I'm as honest as it gets my man..

That's also one of the main reasons I hate seeing a bunch of bids by less than 5 feedback biiders on this auction. I have 45 other auctions going at the moment and this is the only one that I am having this problem on.

I didn't think Ebay had a way to block bidders with less than 5 feedback??

rp12367
07-28-2012, 11:19 AM
PS I have sold to quite a few low feedback bidders with no problems in the past. Everyone needs to start somewhere. We were all 0's at one time.

rp12367
07-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Im 99% sure there is a way to do it, I remember seeing it in one of the seller menus. Good luck finding it, e-bay makes it so hard to do anything, but make money for them.

Davy_Kangaroo_Jones
07-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Im 99% sure there is a way to do it, I remember seeing it in one of the seller menus. Good luck finding it, e-bay makes it so hard to do anything, but make money for them.

You got that right.

drc
07-28-2012, 11:42 AM
If it were me, I'd let them bid.

I've had troubles with bidders with high feedback and good sales with people with low feedback-- so you can't predict beforehand. I suppose I'd be nervous if it was a $5,000 item.

If you wanted to, you could email the bidders and say hi and see what's what. Just say it's your policy to contact low feedback bidders.

Davy_Kangaroo_Jones
07-28-2012, 11:47 AM
If it were me, I'd let them bid.

I've had troubles with bidders with high feedback and good sales with people with low feedback-- so you can't predict beforehand. I suppose I'd be nervous if it was a $5,000 item.

If you wanted to, you could email the bidders and say hi and see what's what. Just say it's your policy to contact low feedback bidders.

As always - thanks for the help guys.

I really enjoy this place. Sometimes it's nice to just get some reassurance from experienced sellers on here. - Mario

Jay Wolt
07-28-2012, 11:47 AM
PS I have sold to quite a few low feedback bidders with no problems in the past. Everyone needs to start somewhere. We were all 0's at one time.
Exactly!
Plus why would you turn away bidders? The more bidders....the better!

drc
07-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Also, an affordable New York Yankees Babe Ruth baseball card sounds like a card a newbie collector or a wife or mother looking for a birthday present would be attracted to.

My 70-something mom has a low feedback account and uses it to buy stuff like yarn and hat making supplies. She sometimes calls me for help logging in. I can testify to Net54 that she's honest and pays her sellers.

wazoo
07-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Very nice card! I say let them bid as well. For future references, you can include in the description that bidders with less then 5 or 10 feedbacks most contact you beforehand. I remember when I first started using Ebay, this was a common thing most sellers did.