PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying a 30's or 40's Red w/Indian uniform - Minors ?

jermey1942
07-25-2012, 11:43 PM
HI Everyone,

I am new here and actually am a vintage clothing collector.

I recently found a two piece vintage uniform. Its a nice red with white detailing
and an Indian on the left breast. It is 100% original no doubt. I have years of experience with vintage clothing.

There is no maker tag or union label to point me in a direction, but from the buttons, construction and material I am quite certain it is from the 1940's or 1950's at the latest.

I am wondering if anyone out there knows what team this would be from? Minor of major league uniform ? There is an early size tag, 38 on the jersey and 36 on the knickers. The pants or knickers have a three button fly and elastic at the ends which is still in good condition. Jersey buttons up with four vintage red plastic buttons whose holes alternate vertical to horizontally oddly enough. The Indian head patch is of red thick thread embroidered onto a white wool base then sewn onto the uniform. The uniform while in the photos looks spanking new in reality has some yellowing that I've come to expect in anything over 50 years old

Also the initials G.P.I. are written on the interior of the collar in lightly faded blue ink pen.

Thanks for any help in identifying this .

Cheers
Jeremy

Runscott
07-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Port Neches-Groves, TX Indians?

This could be from almost any team that ever used 'Indians' (or similar) as a mascot.