PDA

View Full Version : Mastro indicted

David Atkatz
07-25-2012, 11:51 AM
http://7thspace.com/headlines/417558/william_mastro_and_two_other_executives_of_former_ mastro_auctions_indicted_for_allegedly_defrauding_ bidders_in_online_and_live_auctions_of_sports_memo rabilia_and_other_collectibles.html

Big Dave
07-25-2012, 12:37 PM
If found guilty....I hope they all go to prison for a lengthy period of time....plus get hit with large sums of restitution and /or fines. This garbage has been talked about for years. Glad to see the feds taking action.

travrosty
07-25-2012, 01:09 PM
people have been asking for a long time what happened to the mastro investigation, i guess we know now. they dont indict unless they have all their ducks in a row, but a court of law will sort it all out. i dont see how legendary auctions can survive now.

ruth-gehrig
07-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Any lawyers on board who can speculate what punishment could be? How likely is it they will go to prison? It will be interesting to see what happens.

slidekellyslide
07-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Any lawyers on board who can speculate what punishment could be? How likely is it they will go to prison? It will be interesting to see what happens.

White collar crimes...I doubt they go to prison, and if they do it'll be a cushy white collar criminal prison. They won't be hangin' with the rapists and murderers.

travrosty
07-25-2012, 04:51 PM
in "office space" they were going to the other prison

slidekellyslide
07-25-2012, 04:56 PM
in "office space" they were going to the other prison

PMITA Prison? :D

Fuddjcal
07-25-2012, 04:58 PM
It seems to me that Heritage does the same thing by basically "advertising their shill bidding"? Is Heritage next? Is it Christopher MoralASS. Is it PSA, is it DNA? Is it Tony Podsada, is it Jorge Posada? It it Croaches Corner??????

Only time will tell sports fans!!!!

BigJJ
07-25-2012, 05:53 PM
These are federal, not state, charges.
In state criminal proceedings, there is much more leeway with regard to (i) pleaing to a deal, (ii) sentencing, and (iii) parole/time served for good behavior. We get many of our notions regarding a U.S. criminal system in which one can bargain, and receive little to no time, from state court results and reporting - as the vast majority of crimes are state crimes. So you'd get a guy charged with burglary of a home at night with a weapon who pleas to petty larceny, first time offense, and receives time served and a misdemeanor instead of a felony, that is maybe even expunged after 6 months.
With regard to federal criminal proceedings, there is much less leeway. The earlier post regarding the Feds crossing their t's and dotting their i's before they charge you is correct. They take their time, much more than state actors. But once they file, different ballgame than state charges. Federal white collar criminals DO go to prison. and there are fairly strict sentencing guidelines. not like state.

shelly
07-25-2012, 08:28 PM
The King is dead. Long live the King. It is really easy to hope someone goes to jail or even dies for the mistakes they made. It is amazing to me just how quick you can go from great to a piece of garbage. I think some of you might remember when Mastro was the king and you where his subjects.

I am more interested in all the people that authenticated for the King. Those are the people that allowed his royal subjects to buy and buy and buy. The card was always known to be a joke. Read the book or better yet play dumb.

Mastro, like me, has already cut a deal. I can tell you that none of you are going to be happy. BigJJ is wrong. Federal is a lot better than state. I know. He will go to a camp and do his time. He did not kill, rape or sell drugs to anyone. He did what many of you know. He lied cheated and defrauded people. This will pass like most things until the next guy gets arrested. Then the outrage will begin again. Welcome to Net 54.Shelly Jaffe Leon wanted to make sure you know who wrote this.

Try and remember the people in Colorado.

David Atkatz
07-25-2012, 08:46 PM
He did not kill, rape or sell drugs to anyone. He did what many of you know. He lied cheated and defrauded people.Well... I guess he's a saint, then.

Nice to have a felon's take on this, though.

BigJJ
07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
"go to a camp", what is this, new jersey housewives? Sure sounds like you believe prison may be a result.
In any event I wish nothing but peace and happiness for all, including those charged. Was asked for a relevant attorney's read, have experience in defending criminal charges, and I would pick state charges over federal charges any day of the week for the aforementioned reasons.
But what you may mean is that serving time is best in a lower security federal prison than a state prison, I have heard this is very much the case. So I think it's a greater likelihood of sentence, and longer sentence, with the Feds, but under better conditions, than state.

thekingofclout
07-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly
He did not kill, rape or sell drugs to anyone. He did what many of you know. He lied cheated and defrauded people.

Well... I guess he's a saint, then.

Nice to have a felon's take on this, though.

Well Shelly. You walked right into that one.

danc
07-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Fuddjcal is correct. And the Coach continues to survive? I hope it's Jorge Posada. Also, ignore David, Shelly. David has nothing better to do with his life than take cheap shots.

DanC

David Atkatz
07-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Cheap shots, huh? Shelly Jaffe is nothing but a dishonest opportunist. He was never a collector, and only saw "the hobby" as an easy way to fleece the unsuspecting. The instant he thought the authorities were on to him (and I mean the instant--read "Operation Bullpen") he offered to sell out his fellows. As he himself related above, he did a bid in a Federal summer camp, and now he presents himself as a hobby white knight.

You can welcome him with open arms if you want to, Dan, but I ain't buyin' it.

Go back to buying and selling scrap metal, Shel.

David Atkatz
07-25-2012, 11:36 PM
You don't seem to mind badmouthing another hobby lowlife, Dan. Perhaps Justin Priddy will wind up a guest of the Feds, do his bid, and discover religion. Then you can welcome him as the next hobby savior.

danc
07-25-2012, 11:37 PM
In your world David, people don't change. The whole hobby is full of criminals that have never been caught or will never get caught. S--t, the whole hobby is full of them and you give them more credit than someone who admits to what he did was wrong, paid his dues in jail, doesn't sell autographs and works to better the hobby? Take a look at a man at his present, not his past if he has changed his way, than offer forgiveness.

Unless it's Sandusky. :-)

DanC

David Atkatz
07-25-2012, 11:42 PM
"Works to better the hobby," my ass. He works to gain recognition for himself as something other than what he is.

I'll forgive him when he stays away from the hobby.

danc
07-25-2012, 11:47 PM
I hate all these authenticators (most all of them) and what Shelly did doesn't compare to what some authenticators have done. He didn't forge or authenticate, but he witnessed and partook in the scheme and he did do his time.

It's a crime (anything that has to do with this hobby), but it's not murder. I think authenticators whose sole goal is to deceit a customer is as bad as the forger because he legitimizes the entire operation. There seems to be no penalty for anyone who opens up shop, proclaims themselves to be an expert and contributes to legitimizing a criminal operation.

DanC

David Atkatz
07-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Got to agree with you there, Dan. (Except for the part about Shelly.)

danc
07-25-2012, 11:50 PM
What do you do to better the hobby, David? Anything outside of living on the Net54? It's 2 A.M, why aren't you in bed? Afraid your going to miss a post to respond to?

DanC

David Atkatz
07-25-2012, 11:51 PM
You sleep-writing, Dan?

danc
07-25-2012, 11:52 PM
You know Shelly through his past and through his posts here. I know Shelly and if you want to believe what you want to believe, there is no way to sway you. Outside of the time we had fun on Prisco's expense, it's good to know we agree on something else.

DanC

danc
07-25-2012, 11:54 PM
I have posted, before tonight, maybe 4 thread additions over the last six months. I mostly lurk every few days nowadays.

DanC

BigJJ
07-26-2012, 06:27 AM
I hate all these authenticators (most all of them) ... There seems to be no penalty for anyone who opens up shop, proclaims themselves to be an expert and contributes to legitimizing a criminal operation.

DanC

Now we're talking Housewives of Orange County

Fuddjcal
07-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Now we're talking Housewives of Orange County

Speaking of the Orange County Housewives, Let's not forget "Jesus Jugs", criminal seedy loser of a husband...that's right, it's dog faced, Jim Bellino. One of the original Donald Fryingpangianni wannabe's.

Thanks Shelly for your take. Sadly you are right. There will probably be no jail. That's why all the forgers, FDE's and authenticators thumb their noses at getting caught and do what they want with-out the fear of jail. They take the "who gives a shit If I get caught" attitude. Good for them.:(:(:(:(:(. Bad for the hobby.

Leon
07-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Speaking of the Orange County Housewives, Let's not forget "Jesus Jugs", criminal seedy loser of a husband...that's right, it's dog faced, Jim Bellino. One of the original Donald Fryingpangianni wannabe's.

Thanks Shelly for your take. Sadly you are right. There will probably be no jail. That's why all the forgers, FDE's and authenticators thumb their noses at getting caught and do what they want with-out the fear of jail. They take the "who gives a shit If I get caught" attitude. Good for them.:(:(:(:(:(. Bad for the hobby.

I am told by people much smarter than myself that Doug, Mark and Bill will all do some time if found guilty. Almost Everything this person has told me has come true. He says it's only 100% though....so that does doesn't leave some wiggle room. I hope it all gets worked out and the hobby proceeds in a more positive manner.

And David, people can change even though you don't think so. I appreciate Shelly being on the board and let this be a warning that if you continually berate him for posting it won't be allowed for long. You can have your opinion of course, but as I have said many times, no one should be afraid that every single time they post they will be berated. We know how you feel already. Thanks for your understanding.

Fuddjcal
07-26-2012, 11:06 AM
I am told by people much smarter than myself that Doug, Mark and Bill will all do some time if found guilty. Almost Everything this person has told me has come true. He says it's only 100% though....so that does doesn't leave some wiggle room. I hope it all gets worked out and the hobby proceeds in a more positive manner.

And David, people can change even though you don't think so. I appreciate Shelly being on the board and let this be a warning that if you continually berate him for posting it won't be allowed for long. You can have your opinion of course, but as I have said many times, no one should be afraid that every single time they post they will be berated. We know how you feel already. Thanks for your understanding.

+1

ruth-gehrig
07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=154464

An old ad describing a Wagner that could be trimmed to MINT condition??:eek:

Wymers Auction
07-27-2012, 04:43 AM

Actions speak louder than words David. Give Shelly time and take note of his actions. I have made mistakes before and do not expect people to hate me for the rest of my life. Few of us on here are unaware of Shelly's past so it is no news flash.

calvindog
07-27-2012, 08:25 AM
The King is dead. Long live the King. It is really easy to hope someone goes to jail or even dies for the mistakes they made. It is amazing to me just how quick you can go from great to a piece of garbage. I think some of you might remember when Mastro was the king and you where his subjects.

I am more interested in all the people that authenticated for the King. Those are the people that allowed his royal subjects to buy and buy and buy. The card was always known to be a joke. Read the book or better yet play dumb.

Mastro, like me, has already cut a deal. I can tell you that none of you are going to be happy. BigJJ is wrong. Federal is a lot better than state. I know. He will go to a camp and do his time. He did not kill, rape or sell drugs to anyone. He did what many of you know. He lied cheated and defrauded people. This will pass like most things until the next guy gets arrested. Then the outrage will begin again. Welcome to Net 54.Shelly Jaffe Leon wanted to make sure you know who wrote this.

Try and remember the people in Colorado.

Shelly, a large part of the reason anyone was Mastro's "subject" was because he committed massive fraud in his auction business, getting fraudulently-inflated prices for his consignors who then continued to give him more and more cards to sell. I don't care how many lepers' feet he washes, he's still a lowlife who stole not just from strangers but from his friends as well -- all the while abusing anyone who dared to step in his path of destruction.

And just because he didn't "kill, rape or sell drugs" doesn't change the fact that he's a loathesome piece of shit. Charles Manson was a nice guy once too.

Duluth Eskimo
07-27-2012, 09:29 AM
I do not know this Shelly or if he did a stint at camp walk away, but as at least one other eluded, Federal sentancing guidelines are no joke. Anyone who is familiar with federal court or federal defense knows that by the time you're indicted, you're done. They also know that if you were the focus of the investigation, YOU ARE GOING TO PRISON. It all depends on the judge who has the case and the US attorney assigned to the case how long that will be. If anyone wants to put money on that, i'm taking bets.

barrysloate
07-27-2012, 09:56 AM
If you're taking bets about whether or not someone is going to prison, you can't do so anonymously. You have to put your name out.

Leon
07-27-2012, 10:17 AM
If you're taking bets about whether or not someone is going to prison, you can't do so anonymously. You have to put your name out.

Why? He isn't disparaging anyone or company, imo.

brookdodger55
07-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Maybe Calvindog Can answer this or anyone else with legal experience ?

If an item was put into Mastro's auction and illegal activity took place with inflated prices. Can the seller of the item who recieved an inflated price (Possibly
illegally) be subjected to a clawback of illegal profits that were realized. (Can what happened in the Bernie Madoff case happen in this case with illegal profits). Any info greatly appecieated.

shelly
07-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Calvindog. I agree with you. I was just bring out the point that those people that want to see him behind( bars )I feel are not going to be happy. I think he will be sent to a Federal camp (club fed) for around 2 and half years then a half way house. He has already made his deal and will go through the motions. In about four to six months he will be sentenced. You have to go through all this stuff until you plead guilty. If the lawyers on here will verify that it would be nice. Calvin if you read my thread I think I said the same thing about him as you did.
I would not take the bet. He is going away be assured.

I would not be surprised that restitution will be part of the sentencing. That will be a very long list of victims!

barrysloate
07-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Why? He isn't disparaging anyone or company, imo.

If he says "by the time you're indicted, you're done..."YOU ARE GOING TO PRISON" wouldn't that be disparaging the defendants? Perhaps you don't agree.

earlywynnfan
07-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Is anyone but me curious as to why Mastro only had one count, where the other two had multiple? I wonder if Allen is a bit of a fall guy here (no, not even remotely saying he's innocent.)

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

thebigtrain
07-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Calvindog. I agree with you. I was just bring out the point that those people that want to see him behind( bars )I feel are not going to be happy. I think he will be sent to a Federal camp (club fed) for around 2 and half years then a half way house. He has already made his deal and will go through the motions. In about four to six months he will be sentenced. You have to go through all this stuff until you plead guilty. If the lawyers on here will verify that it would be nice. Calvin if you read my thread I think I said the same thing about him as you did.
I would not take the bet. He is going away be assured.

I would not be surprised that restitution will be part of the sentencing. That will be a very long list of victims!

I'm a lawyer, and can tell you it will be for a lot longer than 2.5 yrs. They tend to go very tough on postal fraud. Bet he ends up doing at least 7 to 10, maybe more.

Bet Coach's Corner is crapping pants right now. I'll bet the FBI has an eye on them too, and will pounce when ready.

Leon
07-27-2012, 12:47 PM
If he says "by the time you're indicted, you're done..."YOU ARE GOING TO PRISON" wouldn't that be disparaging the defendants? Perhaps you don't agree.

To me that was absolutely a blanket statement. And even IF it was meant towards the recent indicted people it's nothing that isn't already front line news and in several threads on this board. I try not to force hands when I don't need to, but definitely don't mind doing it if it does need to be done.....as evidenced this morning in another thread. In that one, the person that crossed the line had already been spoken with by me, on the phone, before that. He knew if he kept it up then I would make the decision for him, which I did.

barrysloate
07-27-2012, 12:58 PM
I understand.

Jay Wolt
07-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Is anyone but me curious as to why Mastro only had one count, where the other two had multiple? I wonder if Allen is a bit of a fall guy here (no, not even remotely saying he's innocent.)

Ken

Perhaps cause Mastro is playing ball w/ the feds and spilling his guts on the other two.

E93
07-27-2012, 01:38 PM

Ken

Maybe because Mastro has already pled out and reached deal with the Feds. The others may just be beginning that process. Just a guess.
JimB

calvindog
07-27-2012, 02:17 PM

Now we're worried about 'disparaging the defendants?' Really? Barry -- worry about the victims, not the guys who ripped us all off.

barrysloate
07-27-2012, 02:46 PM
I didn't say that Jeff...I was quoting the poster who didn't put up his name. That quote has nothing to do with me.

BigJJ
07-27-2012, 02:56 PM
I am very curious to learn - and I hope we will - exactly which items in each auction were bid-up by the house.

thetruthisoutthere
07-27-2012, 03:04 PM
I speak with my good friend Shelly a few times a week, and since Shelly was in the middle of Operation Bullpen from beginning to end, I asked him his opinion on the Mastro situation.

Let us examine the sentencing of the various Operation Bullpen participants.

Greg Marino received a sentence of four (4) years. Marion was charged with mail and wire fraud, income tax evasion and forgery. He did all of his time at a federal camp in Nevada. He ended up serving 2 ½ years, with 1 ½ years off for time spent in drug rehab.

Shelly was convicted of one count of mail fraud, income tax evasion and did six (6) months and two (2) years probation.

Mike Moses, Forgery and Mail and Wire Fraud. He received two (2) years and his wife probation.

Stan Fitzgerald (Stan’s Sports) sold millions in forgeries and spent less than two (2) years in jail.

Ten (10) other participants of Operation Bullpen did the same time as Shelly and ten (10) others did no time at all.

Wayne Brey, who turned everyone in, did six (6) months at a halfway house.

William Mastro was charged with one (1) count of mail fraud and some here think he will get seven (7) years?

Based on the aforementioned sentencing of Operation Bullpen participants, I don’t believe Williams Mastro will serve more than 2 to 2 ½ plus six (6) months at a halfway house and possibly five (5) years probation plus major restitution.

We can speculate all we want. Only time will tell.

calvindog
07-27-2012, 03:09 PM
I didn't say that Jeff...I was quoting the poster who didn't put up his name. That quote has nothing to do with me.

Barry, I'm referring to the part of your post that is not in quotes, i.e. your comment.

barrysloate
07-27-2012, 03:23 PM
But my point was about the OP putting his name up with the post. I had no opinion one way or the other about what he said. The only issue was that he shouldn't post anonymously. And that's it. No need to comment about this further.

calvindog
07-27-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm more concerned with the two biggest crooks in our hobby than the issue of posting anonymously about the two biggest crooks in our hobby.

barrysloate
07-27-2012, 03:58 PM
As well you should be.

travrosty
07-27-2012, 04:26 PM

Ken

the counts were mail fraud, and doug and mark sent more stuff through the mail and email than mastro, who they only have a charge of sending one thing through the mail. the feds can only charge people with federal crimes.

calvindog
07-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Good lord.

Mastro was charged differently because he's cooperating against Dougie.

travrosty
07-27-2012, 06:03 PM
The state could feel free to file numerous charges that fall outside of federal jurisdiction against the principals of which they have evidence of wrondoing if they choose.

calvindog
07-27-2012, 06:13 PM
No soap radio.

shelly
07-27-2012, 06:14 PM
You are correct but normally the feds get to do what they want. The states do not have the money or the time. If the fed get fines the state shares at no cost.

thekingofclout
07-27-2012, 08:49 PM
No soap radio.

travrosty
07-27-2012, 10:11 PM
heres something to chew, and you can believe in me because i watch law and order a lot.

they only charged mastro with one count because he is pleading guilty. they dont need any more numerous "insurance" indictments against him since he agreed to plead guilty. the feds are probably interested in getting these guys a couple-few years in the pen so this one charge will accomplish that because it's 100 percent stuck and agreed to by mastro.

since allen is fighting the charges, they charged him with the entire book, as many charges as they could, so in case a couple fail, they will stand a good chance to prove at least one against him. and whether he gets found guilty of one charge or 14, its very probably he will see about the same time as mastro, a couple-few years as the convictions can be served concurrently if the judge sentences it that way, instead of consecutive. they just needed as many charges as they could, for "insurance" purposes. Mastro only needed one because it was for sure.

also, mastro's charge was different than the 14 for allen, they didnt want to charge mastro with one of the same ones they charged allen with, because they didnt want to give allen's lawyers a chance to point to mastro's guilty plea to help get allen off of the exact same charge by claiming mastro was behind it and here is mastro's guilty plea for that charge.

so that's another reason to charge mastro with only one charge, to make allens lawyers work for it and not point to a bunch of guilty pleas by mastro that could help allen get off of the hook for those charges if he were charged for the same violations. They probably picked one charge for mastro that was dissimilar as possible to any they charged allen with, to make it easier to pin allen on the ones he was charged with without allen pointing to mastro saying he was behind it and here is his guilty pleas.

mastro's charge was probably well thought out to show that it was done by him alone, a one-off, with allen not involved in it, and then have mastro say that the rest of them were allen's doing alone or at least with allen's full knowledge and consent. but we will see.

thekingofclout
07-27-2012, 10:41 PM
heres something to chew, and you can believe in me because i watch law and order a lot.

they only charged mastro with one count because he is pleading guilty. they dont need any more numerous "insurance" indictments against him since he agreed to plead guilty. the feds are probably interested in getting these guys a couple-few years in the pen so this one charge will accomplish that because it's 100 percent stuck and agreed to by mastro.

since allen is fighting the charges, they charged him with the entire book, as many charges as they could, so in case a couple fail, they will stand a good chance to prove at least one against him. and whether he gets found guilty of one charge or 14, its very probably he will see about the same time as mastro, a couple-few years as the convictions can be served concurrently if the judge sentences it that way, instead of consecutive. they just needed as many charges as they could, for "insurance" purposes. Mastro only needed one because it was for sure.

also, mastro's charge was different than the 14 for allen, they didnt want to charge mastro with one of the same ones they charged allen with, because they didnt want to give allen's lawyers a chance to point to mastro's guilty plea to help get allen off of the exact same charge by claiming mastro was behind it and here is mastro's guilty plea for that charge.

so that's another reason to charge mastro with only one charge, to make allens lawyers work for it and not point to a bunch of guilty pleas by mastro that could help allen get off of the hook for those charges if he were charged for the same violations. They probably picked one charge for mastro that was dissimilar as possible to any they charged allen with, to make it easier to pin allen on the ones he was charged with without allen pointing to mastro saying he was behind it and here is his guilty pleas.

mastro's charge was probably well thought out to show that it was done by him alone, a one-off, with allen not involved in it, and then have mastro say that the rest of them were allen's doing alone or at least with allen's full knowledge and consent. but we will see.

Travis. Between your job, your family, and net54... just how in the hell do you have time to watch Law & Order? :confused:

calvindog
07-28-2012, 05:08 AM

Travis -- don't quit your day job.

Leon
07-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Travis -- don't quit your day job.

It's like he just started dreaming shi* up and writing it as he dreamed it. I never liked fiction that much. I can make crap up with the best of them why do I need to read other people's imaginations?

travrosty
07-28-2012, 09:04 AM
allen wont get that much more time than mastro even though its 14 counts to one.

sorry i didnt run my opinion through the office of approved speech first.

a more appropriate response would be, that's interesting, i disagree with that opinion but we will see. instead it's all $%#%$#$ etc. why can't other people have a unique opinion without being attacked?

calvindog
07-28-2012, 10:25 AM
A more appropriate response would be "what's your basis for saying these things?" The number of counts could have zero impact on the final sentence - what if the one count is conspiracy and the 14 counts are all substantive acts within that conspiracy? All the 14 counts would be grouped together anyway for purposes of the sentencing guidelines in this case. And you also failed to factor in the impact of 5K1 letter on Bill's sentencing. Other than all that you were right.

drc
07-28-2012, 02:44 PM
It's true that Hamlet, Grapes of Wrath and the Great Gatsby are just a bunch of lies.

Actually, John Steinbeck was fired as a newspaper journalist because he made up stuff. He was more suited to be a novelist.

Scott Garner
07-28-2012, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=travrosty;1019515]heres something to chew, and you can believe in me because i watch law and order a lot."

Not to mention that you probably stayed in a Holiday Inn last night, Travis.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist the temptation to react to this quote. :p;)

travrosty
07-28-2012, 03:53 PM
A more appropriate response would be "what's your basis for saying these things?" The number of counts could have zero impact on the final sentence - what if the one count is conspiracy and the 14 counts are all substantive acts within that conspiracy? All the 14 counts would be grouped together anyway for purposes of the sentencing guidelines in this case. And you also failed to factor in the impact of 5K1 letter on Bill's sentencing. Other than all that you were right.

what is my basis for saying these things? it's my opinion and I get one too.

calvindog
07-28-2012, 04:40 PM
So other than watching TV a lot -- what is your opinion based on?

batsballsbases
07-28-2012, 06:35 PM
So other than watching TV a lot -- what is your opinion based on?

Stupidity!:D

thekingofclout
07-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Stupidity!:D

C'mon Al. Put up a warning when you post something like that! The diet Coke I was drinking came out of my nose like a fire hose! :eek:

shelly
07-28-2012, 08:01 PM
I think that most everyone that has anything to do with law will at least admit the more you fight the Feds the harder the sentence. I think that before this is over Allen will plead guilty and get this thing over with. I am sure that Mastro gave the Fed's enough evidence that it would make it hard not to be convicted.

batsballsbases
07-28-2012, 08:05 PM
C'mon Al. Put up a warning when you post something like that! The diet Coke I was drinking came out of my nose like a fire hose! :eek:

Sorry Jimmy I will give more of a warning next time!;) But you know what the old saying says "You cant fix Stupid"

travrosty
07-29-2012, 07:53 AM
I will still comment on what I think regardless if people think you can only be a lawyer to comment on legal proceedings. This isn't perry mason, we don't need to give our footnotes and cite precedent and law books. It's a blog forum meant to be fun or why would we come here, to work?

Please give your own opinion, I will have mine and so what? Why feel threatened? And if you don't feel threatened, why would anyone act that way toward someone who is voicing their views, calling people stupid?

I have an idea on why the feds do what they do, just like you. If we differ then good for us.

calvindog
07-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Perry Mason cited footnotes, precedent and law books? Wow, you DO watch a lot of TV. I simply asked what was the basis for your rather strong opinion as to the federal sentencing guidelines, your experience with prosecutorial charging decisions, and judicial discretion. You used the word "probably" a lot so I simply asked where you were getting your seemingly certain info from. Now I see it was just from your ass -- that's fine, just wasn't sure, no problem.

mr2686
07-29-2012, 09:29 AM
ahhhh, now the Diet Coke is coming out of MY nose. :D

Runscott
07-29-2012, 12:26 PM
ahhhh, now the Diet Coke is coming out of MY nose. :D

Now you now how Burger felt.

RichardSimon
07-29-2012, 06:42 PM

+1 Leon, way to go
We know how David feels, about me, about Chris, about DanC and about Shelly, we know over and over and over and over, ad infinitum. It has sounded like a broken record for a long time now.
You have to go pretty far off course on this board to get a public warning from Leon,,

David Atkatz
07-29-2012, 06:52 PM
So glad you're back from vacation, Dick. We missed you stirring the shit, for absolutely no reason.

What a consummate ass you are.

Scott Garner
07-29-2012, 06:54 PM
So glad you're back from vacation, Dick. We missed you stirring the shit, for absolutely no reason.

What a consummate ass you are.

Wow... C'mon David

RichardSimon
07-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Why express surprise Scott, we all know David.

David Atkatz
07-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Dick, are you five years old? Did my discussion about Shelly--which ended days ago--have anything to do with you? With Chris? Were either of you mentioned?

Was there any reason--any reason at all--for your gratuitous comment?

No, I thought not.

Leon
07-29-2012, 07:08 PM
I would have preferred this thread not be responded to. Fanning the flames isn't a good thing.

RichardSimon
07-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Yes that particular discussion did end earlier but I was not here to comment on it.
And I have seen numerous discussions end here on 54 and pick up days later, even months later.
I did not realize that in addition to being the person that you are that you are also the Net54 rule maker. (obviously this sentence was not a reply to Leon's post).

Forever Young
07-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Yes that particular discussion did end earlier but I was not here to comment on it.
And I have seen numerous discussions end here on 54 and pick up days later, even months later.
I did not realize that in addition to being the person that you are that you are also the Net54 rule maker.

I think someone needs another vacation... ;)

RichardSimon
07-29-2012, 07:23 PM
I think someone needs another vacation... ;)

Not a bad idea but I spent a lot on the one already.
But thanks for the idea Ben.

RichardSimon
07-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I would have preferred this thread not be responded to. Fanning the flames isn't a good thing.

Leon - I responded now because I was unable to when the attacks against a friend of mine started.

Forever Young
07-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Not a bad idea but I spent a lot on the one already.
But thanks for the idea Ben.

Hey..we could all use more r and r right?

thekingofclout
07-29-2012, 11:28 PM
It's a blog forum meant to be fun or why would we come here, to work?

Coming from you, Travis... that's really funny. Who would have thought that you had such a terrific sense of humor.

travrosty
07-30-2012, 04:29 PM
well, i am the unknown comic.

Leon
07-30-2012, 04:39 PM

that was good....especially given your avatar.

thekingofclout
07-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Right. Just another not funny no-talent guy that depended on gimmicks to get by.