PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on my T206 Raymond American Beauty

wazoo
07-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Recently, I had my t206 Bugs Raymond card graded by SGC. It has an American Beauty 350 back and from the looks of it, it is in great condition. The corners are so sharp on the card, you'd think it would earn itself at least a 5. Also, from looking at the card, it looks like there is some type of ghost image. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terminology for it, so please, your knowledge would be very helpful. Do you think it deserves a higher grade? Opinions are greatly appreciated.

wazoo
07-24-2012, 03:27 PM
By the way, it only graded a 3. Front:

t206hound
07-24-2012, 03:35 PM
we'd need to see a much higher resolution scan to let you know why it graded 40/3... a surface wrinkle/crease probably exists.

wazoo
07-24-2012, 03:38 PM
No wrinkles or creases at all! I don't know how to get better photos on here, I only know how to get them from my phone.

White Borders
07-24-2012, 03:50 PM
bottom right corner looks weak

centering (L-to-R) is way off

looks like registration on the front might be off a bit

really need to supply decent scans when seeking this kind of forum feedback ... might want to invest in a decent scanner that uses CCD technology

Best Regards and Happy Collecting :)

Craig

Tobacco&Gum
07-24-2012, 04:06 PM
really need to supply decent scans when seeking this kind of forum feedback ... might want to invest in a decent scanner that uses CCD technology

Can someone recommend a good brand/model scanner for the above purposes?

Sorry to hijack your thread Wazoo. Nice looking card no matter the grade.

Phillies*phan
07-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Sgc kills cards for centering. That would probably be a PSA 6. You'll learn that each looks for different things when assigning a grade.

mrvster
07-24-2012, 04:11 PM
A beauty wazoo!!!

enjoy:D

the "ghost" is prob the off registration.....no worries :)

wazoo
07-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Thank you very much for the feedback. Who knows, maybe I'll have it submitted to PSA, and it will come back as a 5 or something. When I see 4's going for $300 dollars, I want all I can do to increase the grade.

@Tobacco&Gum, no problem haha, I may want to invest in a decent scanner.

@mrvster, thank you once again for sharing you much appreciated knowledge.

mrvster
07-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanx Waz!!

they always look so much better in the sgc holder......your cards a blazer no matter what any tpg grader says:)....great taste and keep up the good work...

btw....irish denny has a semi cool 2 same name stephens on bst/ has a slight color shift, and not a BIG error, cool little error if u can get cheap enough....;)

wazoo
07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Oh I know that! I want to transfer over all my PSA cards into SGC holders, the appeal is just amazing! Especially with red backgrounds like the Mcgraw. I'm just worried about the new half grades over at SGC, meaning I will probably have to send in cards a second time, just to get a card increased to a whole grade.

I will take a look! Thank you for letting me know!

White Borders
07-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Can someone recommend a good brand/model scanner for the above purposes?

Sorry to hijack your thread Wazoo. Nice looking card no matter the grade.

There's been a lot of scanner threads on the forum. You can read thru this: Best Scanner for Graded cards? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=144776&highlight=scanner) Or use the search function to find more.

I like my Epson V600. Most important is to get one that uses CCD technology.

Best Regards and Happy Collecting :)
Craig

ethicsprof
07-24-2012, 07:48 PM
great card, no matter the grade.
congrats.
best,
barry

wazoo
07-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Dear Barry,
Thank you!

mrvster
07-24-2012, 08:17 PM
sgc is a class act....the cards just "pop" w/ the black background.....

:)

wazoo
07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
So true! I love SGC.