PDA

View Full Version : House Bidding by Auction Houses

Jaybird
07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Recently it came to light that Heritage engages in House Bidding in their auctions. It was in their rules but when a member found an item that was in a Heritage Auction being sold through Heritage ebay site, he mentioned it on the forum and it shined a light on the subject.

I know that Huggins and Scott recently stopped the practice of House Bidding in their auctions based partly on the feedback of members of this forum. I also know that REA specifically states that they do not engage in House Bidding.

The trend seems to be to stop House Bidding and conduct transparent auctions. Does anybody have information on the other major auctions or want to post a differing viewpoint?

Also, if any of the auctioneers would like to chime in their point of view, it would be most welcome.

Off topic discussions can continue in the Heritage thread on the other side ;)

sb1
07-24-2012, 04:20 PM
We have posted this before, but again.

We do not bid in our auctions nor can we see up to or max bids. Also there are no hidden reserves, in fact I believe we have only had a handful of reserves in all of our auctions and all were disclosed from day one.

Scott

e107collector
07-24-2012, 05:27 PM
We have posted this before, but again.

We do not bid in our auctions nor can we see up to or max bids. Also there are no hidden reserves, in fact I believe we have only had a handful of reserves in all of our auctions and all were disclosed from day one.

Scott

This is why I love B & L auctions!

Tony