PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me ID these Cards And Photos

bcookie
07-24-2012, 07:19 AM
i won this lot, what caught my eye is the picture of Honus.. can you please help me ID the cards in the picture and help with approx. values?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VINTAGE-BASEBALL-PHOTOS-7-16A-/00/s/MTA0OFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqR,!kwE+5)HdV(cBQBUh0SP3!~~60_57.JPG

aelefson
07-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Hi-
The "Catching a Hot One" and the "Close Decision" are fairly common ca 1910 postcards that sell for under 10.00 most of the time. The Hershey Park one is also fairly common (about 10 dollars). The Wagner photo is cool but it appears to be from his later coaching days. I'd guess it would be about 40.00 but could go for more. The "Sports at the Station" is another common postcard (about 10.00). The Henrich is a premium (possibly Goudey or Butterfinger) and it will be easier to identify with measurements. I am sure others will provide more accurate information but at least this will give you a start.
Alan

Chris Counts
07-24-2012, 08:53 AM
The Frank Robinson postcard is from 1972 and it's easy to find. I doubt the Tommy Henrich was produced by Goudey or Butterfinger. I'm guessing it's from the late 1940s or early 1950s. I've seen similar premium photos from that era of both retired and contemporary players.

I collect old snapshots, so I would place a higher value on the Wagner snapshot than most folks would. It's possible it was printed later than the 1930s, but at first glance, it looks good to me. Is there anything printed or written on the back? Also, who is the other player? I have a couple premiums of Honus from that era posing with Arky Vaughan. The cool thing about an old snapshot like this is that you may never see another one ...