PDA

View Full Version : OT: ? about KC Royals game

timber63401
07-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Thinking of driving the 4 hours and going to a Royals game sometime and was just wondering things like if its hard to get to or if its seedy enough around the ballpark that I should make sure I go to a day game ect. Thanks.

White Borders
07-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Easy to get to off of I-70. Parking is within the (secure) sports complex, which is home to both Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead Stadium. It's been several years since I last attended a game, so I'm not sure what parking costs these days. I'm sure you can get the info off of the Royals web site.

Best Regards,
Craig

nolemmings
07-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Plenty safe and right off the freeway. Friendly venue--really nothing there but the ballpark and adjoining Arrowhead. Generally speaking, the fans are far less belligerent or rowdy than at many other teams' facilities.

HRBAKER
07-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Beautiful stadium, easy in and out and safe area.

Wite3
07-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Kauffman is one of the best stadiums I have been to...clean, nice staff and fans, and easy parking. Been there twice in the last ten years. Highly recommend...

Joshua

Griffins
07-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Went there a few weeks ago for the All Star game. The neighborhood surrounding it was fine, we stayed across the street and walked to the ballpark.
Agreed with everyone else it's a well designed stadium, easy to find and get in and out of.

Uppboys
07-24-2012, 10:26 AM
You can't go wrong coming to KC for a Royals game. I live in a suburb and take my kids to a half a dozen games a year. Great tickets are easy to come by as long as you are not wanting to see St. Louis, Boston, or the Yankees. The stadium is beautiful along with the Royals HOF museum in left field (which is free with a game ticket). PM me if you have detailed questions.