PDA

View Full Version : Intro

tcjsavannah
07-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi guys, my name is Chad and I learned about your forum recently and am an off-and-on collector who is trying to get back into it again. Mostly trying to build older sets and using some of my newer cards towards that goal. The first set I ever received was a gift from my father (1978 Topps set, got it when I was 12 years old) so I'm looking to go backwards from there, as far as I can go, assembling sets.

I also collect anything and everything of Phil Niekro, my childhood idol growing up.

Look forward to getting to know everyone here!

39special
07-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Welcome Chad! This is a great site with some great people!!

Leon
07-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Welcome Chad. If I can ever help let me know. Sounds like you grew up in the era of a lot of us. There are some pretty good settings in the control panel so make sure you look at it...one of the most important is setting the number of posts to 80 before the thread goes off of the page. Happy collecting and see ya' round here.

Deertick
07-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi guys, my name is Chad and I learned about your forum recently and am an off-and-on collector who is trying to get back into it again. Mostly trying to build older sets and using some of my newer cards towards that goal. The first set I ever received was a gift from my father (1978 Topps set, got it when I was 12 years old) so I'm looking to go backwards from there, as far as I can go, assembling sets.

I also collect anything and everything of Phil Niekro, my childhood idol growing up.

Look forward to getting to know everyone here!

Welcome Chad!

Lots of good info on here, and the B/S/T boards will go a long way in building your collection.

A a side note, Phil Niekro is one of my favorite baseball people of all time. I had the pleasure of meeting him (and Joe) at a golf tourney pairing party in Ft. Myers about 10 years ago. He came up to me and my buddies and started shooting the S***. Up until that point, we had only had brief conversations with our idols. Over the next several HOURS, they were the loudest, funniest, and just plain FUN guys I have been around. They would occasionally bring a player or two into our circle and usually bust balls. I left with his address and phone # and an invitation to fish Lake Lanier for Spots.
Thanks for mentioning him, as it has been awhile since I thought that....

Deertick
07-24-2012, 03:59 PM
one of the most important is setting the number of posts to 80 before the thread goes off of the page.

Agreed :D