PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist-a deal with a good ending

LEIDEMEG
07-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Guys-never been a big fan of craigslist for a way to increase my collection. Friends kept telling me about it, but it seemed to work for everything but baseball cards and typically when it was local. Well, I never seemed to find anything in my area(Balt, Md) for sale but with ebay slowing down on items to buy over the last year-I tried a search one day. No luck, reprints, no responses, the usual....

About a month later(9 months ago), I found an ad that seemed more genuine then your usual craiglist ads and took a shot. It is very tough for me to do anything by just email, I really feel a much bigger level of comfort when I can speak to the person on the phone and typically over a small period of time. At the time I made a pretty decent offer on the lot but we couldnt come together on a price. We werent far off but she felt she was not ready to let them go. I never want to try and force or talk anyone to do anything so I forgot about it and moved on with life. About a month ago she said she had done extensive research online and offered them to me again. After a week or so, I agreed on the deal. I increased my collection by aquiring 160+ very nice T206's. I am happy I did the deal because going thru a family owned intact collection is about the most fun a collector can have. The cards remained in nice shape with rought 75% in VG to VG/EX.

Now, I just wanted to say it can happen but the instances are few and far between. I tried to be as extremely careful and do as much due diligence as I could. I am still skeptical of craigslist especially when dealing out of your area, but am extremely happy to increase my collection.

George

LEIDEMEG
07-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Some pics

Big Six
07-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Looks like you added some really nice cards to your collection!!! Were there any Hal Chase cards in the lot???

mrvster
07-21-2012, 09:54 PM
George!!

Did it have any freaks or raririties????????

:)

Peace

Johnny

LEIDEMEG
07-21-2012, 10:00 PM
One Chase card-with trophy...

Johnny, long time no talk. No freaks this time. (hope you still have my Killian with two different names I sold you :) Did you ever look closely at Wiltse with cap. Looks like his buttons on his sweater dont match..kind of odd I never noticed it over the years

mrvster
07-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Great to hear from you! and you know i still have that card, i have trouble parting with any of my freaks:o

We love to hear your posts.....hope you and your family are awesome....drop me an email sometime......

you know i'm always hunting these freaks;)

i'm obsessed:o

mrvster
07-21-2012, 11:09 PM
you will always have credit for putting a sweet card in my collection....;)

i thank you again for that opportunity:D