PDA

View Full Version : PSA Slab - Frosting?

KryKslr
07-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone...

I just purchased a 1952 Bowman Mantle on eBay (from a reputable seller, from what I have gathered) and I received the card and it has a single patch of frosting on the side of the PSA slab.

The frosting occurs on the left side, and is centered around one of the small clear rectangular areas that can be seen completely through (if that makes sense). The frosting stretches from right around the area level with the Yankees logo on Mantle's hat and stretches up to being almost even with the space between the Year/Set line and the Name line.

I have examined the edge of the slab and can see no rough spots or evidence of chipping/cracking that would be there if someone tried to pry it open.

Is this something to be concerned about, or am I experiencing OCD...obsessive counterfeit disorder?

Volod
07-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Have you asked the reputable dealer about it? If it didn't appear in the scan on eBay, it should be a concern of his, as well. Other than that, if the card itself meets all of your expectations, why worry about it. Hey, lots of guys on this board would just crack the slab anyway and enjoy the card raw. mmmm, frosting...;)

KryKslr
07-20-2012, 11:58 AM
I would say that I'm probably going to run out and buy a loupe and do some examining of the printing compared to the other 52 Bowman commons....the seller is a well-known eBay dealer and I would say if the printing looks right I'm just going to trust it.