PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Football Autograph Question

aelefson
07-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi-
I recently acquired the football photo scanned below and I was wondering if anyone could help with the signature. Any idea who it is? What team he played for? My best guesses were Jerry Thule or Jimmy Thule but I have had no luck with google. The back of the photo has some calculations on it but no identification information. I realize this could just be a local college player but I figured I would give it a shot. It was purchased from an ephemera dealer who mostly buys in Pennsylvania.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

MooseDog
07-20-2012, 08:39 AM
I think the last letter of his last name might be a K so maybe the last name is Tink?

aelefson
07-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Thank you Moosedog for the help. Unfortunately, I am still coming up empty on the identification. I figured I would bump this thread once to see if anyone can help. I will also post it on the football forum in case someone there knows.
Alan

powderfinger
07-31-2012, 07:36 PM
If you look at what might be the top loop of a capital "T" and than consider it might be a fully formed, slightly misplaced capital "F" instead, you might come up with the name Jerry Funk. Unfortunately, the only Jerry Funk i could find had a minor league baseball career in the 1960s, so not your guy. Still, might be worth a shot researching college football and "Funk."

mr2686
07-31-2012, 09:11 PM
This has become a pet project of mine and it's now driving me nuts. I've tried to look up every kind of combination in College Football databases and nothing even close is coming up. I even tried using just Jerry and a wildcard and all the Jerrys that come up are not even close to what this might be. Aghhhhhhh

aelefson
08-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Thanks Ray and Mike! I am guessing it is just a local nobody but I really appreciate your help. I have tried googling multiple name combinations but both of your posts have provided me with more to try.
Thanks again,
Alan