PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this Joe Dimaggio ball?

markf31
07-17-2012, 05:57 PM
I usually do not like to post for opinions on autographs, but I came across this from a local on-line ad and the price is enticing if I get some positive feedback from some of those who have more knowledge than I.

Thanks for any input!

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/markf31/JD_Ball.jpgp

markf31
07-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Anyone have an opinion?

Jlighter
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm no expert but the ink is extremely dark. If the price is too good to be true it very well might be. Joe D did sign a bunch of HOF 55 balls. And he did have that little line above the first I when signing the HOF balls then when just signing regular balls. I would be a little hesitant.

jgmp123
07-18-2012, 06:06 PM
The "D" and "M" look a little bumpy...Looks like some hesitation throughout DiMaggio...I would probably avoid this one...

JimStinson
07-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Based strictly on the scan it appears "drawn" instead of signed, Compared to lets say Mantle , DiMaggio signed with a "light" hand. That ball is signed with a heavy hand (again based just on the scan) , so no matter what the price is , if its not an authentic autograph its worth the price of the baseball. There are plenty of IN-PERSON Joe D. signed baseballs out there from the card show days. Better to spend a few extra bucks and KNOW you have the real deal, that try and save a few bucks and WONDER if you do.