PDA

View Full Version : Teddy Ballgame Autograph Help

daves_resale_shop
07-16-2012, 08:32 PM
So I stop by my frame guys shop today to have some matts cut when he brings out this god awful looking plaque with a ted williams autographed baseball and photo... he said that a former client left it with him many years back in exchange for some work done... The photo looked like a horrible fake while the ball looked pretty decent to me. There is a hologram sticker on the reverse which I swear is upperdeck authenticate, but the serial #udl19796 will not register on the site...

I would appreciate it if I could get an opinion or two on its authenticity... he asked me to sell it for him, so estimated value help would be appreciated as well...

Thanks!
Dave

daves_resale_shop
07-16-2012, 08:33 PM
image would probably help...

GrayGhost
07-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Looks good to me, but Im not an expert.

murphusa
07-17-2012, 07:44 AM
on the older UDA certs you need to email UDA and they will send you a verification email

travrosty
07-18-2012, 10:06 AM
i think you have to contact uda as some of the older certs dont show up i think. i believe they had some type of a switch over on the system many, many years ago and they didnt go back and put in the older numbers. thats just what i remember.

daves_resale_shop
07-18-2012, 10:32 AM
i think you have to contact uda as some of the older certs dont show up i think. i believe they had some type of a switch over on the system many, many years ago and they didnt go back and put in the older numbers. thats just what i remember.

Thanks Travis,

I actually called uda, and they requested a photo of the ball & holo & said that they would replace the cert for $30, (process takes a month). Whats interesting is that she said that if I post it on ebay & a prospective buyer reaches out to them, they will turn the hologram verification around much quicker... very strange, but I guess it is what it is...

Thanks again for your opinions guys (casey as well).
_dave

Tuna82
07-18-2012, 12:46 PM
UDA certs do not show up online except for items around 2001 or 2002 on....I have called and verified many of items before then with no issue. So you know the re-issued cert is not visibly the same as the orginal. The new one will be a notorized letter from Upper Deck saying the hologram and pictures do match their records. That is unless the system has changed in last few years...