PDA

View Full Version : T206 Cy Barger no name on front

brian29575
07-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Went to small local card show yesterday and dealer just picked up a large lot of T206 cards. I have never come across one with the entire name missing. Does anybody have any info on this card? I did not purchase the card but told the dealer I would take pic and post message and get back with him.

Any idea how rare and what value would be?

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx108/brian29575/photo3.jpg

Thanks

Brian

ullmandds
07-15-2012, 08:05 PM
i would have bought it!!!!! not sure what it's worth...but definitely more than a common...and pretty rare!

atx840
07-15-2012, 08:07 PM
there are a few legit ones out there, and a good majority that are either erased or chemically treated. See if you notice any residue or signs of erasure.....but I would still pick it up if its not much more then a common.

mrvster
07-15-2012, 08:21 PM
sgc is very very skeptical of all "no name " t206.... but a neat card...as chris said most are erased or removed with chemical...i tried on one, and turned out to be erasure....there are a few out there, but very tuf to tell if the real deal....good luck tho...

pete is right.... also...

Jaybird
07-16-2012, 02:35 PM
What's the back? For some reason, the washed-outedness (good word, right?) makes it look like a Coupon.

For some reason, it looks to me like it might be erased. Would love to see it in hand.

SMPEP
07-16-2012, 02:47 PM
I also have one that has no name ... but I suspect it might be washed out.

Cheers,
Patrick

jimross
07-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Brian,

What brand back is your Barger "No Name on Front"??

mrvster
07-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Patrick, Not trying to burst your bubble, but you card is short.....not a true no name....:o

Barger has a shot, but like i said, no names are almost like Yetti;)

SMPEP
07-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Believe me - no bubble bursted! Like I said, I'm guessing it's just a regular card that has been washed out. But I don't really collect this set (yes, there's one guy on here who isn't that ineterested in the t206s and would NOT put them in his top 10 sets!) and I don't know nearly as much about this set as the others on here. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to show it.

By the way, my only reason for thinking it's not real is because I've shown this to a couple of regular posters on this board, and they weren't convinced it's real. They can chime in with their thoughts if they wish to.

Cheers,
Patrick

T206Collector
07-17-2012, 09:15 AM
I think the evidence of the O'Hara being a victim of soaking is pretty clear. I don't think it is too short however.

The Barger looks really nice. Based on the scan alone you may have something there.

mrvster
07-17-2012, 02:51 PM
caption jumps are common towards bottom of name field....without me measuring the card, altho my eye says 1/32 " short i bet....(enough to have the name and team desig included , but enuf to be "chopped off)".....so with a little even minute extra bottom caption field, that would greatly increase probability of a small portion if any part of the name to be included:confused: hope im getting my point across

a true no name would have a huge name field like barger, (but i have become skeptical of the no names)....a tru no name ,inmho, has an extra long caption field, and prob never had the caption applied, just not a "jump off"... or if it was a des/name jump off, the bottom caption fiels should be "fat"....we really dont have a true measurement of a caption field, but after a long time of starring at these, you can be safe to say a bottom caption field of 1/8 " or better ....either way pat, nice ohara and a great card:)

these are very rare (no names)if they can be proven, sgc is the only one that can legitimize these by putting on flip, AND THEY ARE NOT QUICK PUT that on the flip...i had 2 close calls...one was erasure, the other looked chemical......barger looks good from scan, but under a black light or loupe can be totally different:confused:

MY VOTE:
***GET BARGER
SUBMIT barger barger= looks like has a 1/4 " huge name feild, enuf if no erasure/chemical ect as long as cheap enuf to gamble..

I'd love to see results, might have a diamond in coal;)

CobbSpikedMe
07-17-2012, 05:17 PM
That's a sweet card. I definitely would have picked it up and think you still should if you can. If SGC will slab it as a no name on front it would be awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best,

AndyH

SMPEP
07-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Good eye mrvster! The O'hara card does measure a bout 1/32 of an inch short. (and thanks for the info - very interesting.)

Cheers,
Patrick

mrvster
07-17-2012, 07:53 PM
;)

i'm obsessed lol

;)