PDA

View Full Version : How to fit Pennant into Holder

insidethewrapper
07-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Help, I bought some pennant holders and I can't get the pennant into it. How is it done without damaging the small end of the pennant ? I can't push it into the end. Thanks

Hankphenom
07-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Place your pennant on top of a holder, then slide both into another holder. When they won't go any further in, pull the first holder out from under the pennant. The pennant should now be most of the way in the second holder, 80% or so. Gently tap the tip of the holder on the ground until the rest of the pennant slides in from gravity, being careful that the border of the pennant doesn't catch on the holder as it slides down.

perezfan
07-13-2012, 04:05 PM
You could also use one of those ultra-stiff 1990s pennants to do the same thing. Put the soft one on top of the stiff one, and slide both in to the holder.

Use the stiff one to guide the soft one in. Once the soft one is posiioned where you want it, the stiff one should slide right back out.

If you still think it will damage the soft (valuable) one, then don't force it. Just use a soft plastic cover instead of the rigid ones.

A final tip... the rigid holders loosen up over time. I have soft pennants that simply refuse to slide into a new rigid holder. But if I take an older holder (one that has housed a pennant for a few months) it glides right in. They actuially seem to stretch out a bit, given some time.

Hope this helps!