PDA

View Full Version : What Is Going On Here?

dlfallen
07-12-2012, 10:54 AM
I started collecting about 15 years ago -- 50's and 60's Topps, because that's what I had as a kid. I then moved into theme collecting which then introduced me to several prewar issues.

Until lately, I have never been obsessed. Very recently I bought a themeless lot of 14 T206's from a member on the buy/sell board and I loved them! I have made two subsequant buys from board members with great pleasure. I ventured onto eBay (despite the hazards) and bought one from Probestein. Yesterday I bought a card on eBay that has an overprint, and I'm actually anxious to receive the card.

REALLY? Excited about getting a card because of a printing difference on the back of it? What is going on here? Is there any hope for me?

atx840
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Is there any hope for me?

Nope & Welcome to the deranged world of "error" collecting...Johnny (mrvstr) hosts a weekly seminar to help overcome this horrible addiction....so far its not helping.

t206blogcom
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
You caught the Monster bug! Congrats ;)

dog*dirt
07-12-2012, 12:51 PM
There is no hope. I would suggest that instead of a slow and painful demise that you should very quickly divorce your wife, sell your house, remove all your money from savings and move into a small apartment where you can spent countless hours searching the internet while looking at your cards at least 3 times a day.:)