PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Live All-Star FanFest Auction

bcbgcbrcb
07-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Anyone on the board pick up anything today? I really liked the 1921 Baltimore panorama w/Lefty Grove & the 1914 Providence team photo w/Babe Ruth, which went for a little over $20K with BP. Just a little out of my price range, no wins today for me............

David Atkatz
07-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Went to my very first baseball game on June 19, 1959. The Yankees beat Cleveland, 3-2. Sat in the upper deck, and I was hooked.
So, I picked up this 1959 Yankees team-signed baseball:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/datkatz/1959.jpg

prewarsports
07-10-2012, 05:40 PM
I tried all morning yesterday to bid online (while the auction was still open to online bidding) and their website was only allowing me to view maybe 3 or 4 items in each category and when I serached for the individual lots I wanted ot kept coming back with "No Results". So I submitted the old fashioned form in the back of their catalog and signed it and e mailed it over 15 minutes after their online bidding was closed down but live bids were still being accepted. I got no e mail back or confirmation from them but they should have gotten my signed form at 6:15 ET last night. IF they placed those bids for me then it looks like I won 6 out of the 7 lots I wanted based on final bid amounts. If not, then I am a sorely disappointed buyer because of the issues with their website preventing me from some items I really was going after. We'll see I guess.

Rhys

Forever Young
07-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Went to my very first baseball game on June 19, 1959. The Yankees beat Cleveland, 3-2. Sat in the upper deck, and I was hooked.
So, I picked up this 1959 Yankees team-signed baseball:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/datkatz/1959.jpg

Nice pickup David.

I tried all morning yesterday to bid online (while the auction was still open to online bidding) and their website was only allowing me to view maybe 3 or 4 items in each category and when I serached for the individual lots I wanted ot kept coming back with "No Results". So I submitted the old fashioned form in the back of their catalog and signed it and e mailed it over 15 minutes after their online bidding was closed down but live bids were still being accepted. I got no e mail back or confirmation from them but they should have gotten my signed form at 6:15 ET last night. IF they placed those bids for me then it looks like I won 6 out of the 7 lots I wanted based on final bid amounts. If not, then I am a sorely disappointed buyer because of the issues with their website preventing me from some items I really was going after. We'll see I guess.

Rhys

Rhys,

Hunt has historically and still have some great great stuff but their website needs some major work(IMO). I have got to the point where I just cannot handle searching on it and just wait for the catalogue.
Man...that babe Ruth prov. photo was incred. I was outbid on it and the cobb bain. No wins for me..
I hope your bids took but I had a similar situation where I tried to email bids in during the live auction and they didn't register(which I guess I understand). I was travelling and forgot the auction ended at that time. Anyway, I hope by some chance yours went through.

Ben

Donscards
07-11-2012, 03:58 AM
I did pick up 10 Ted Williams checks---a little over $200 each before the juice---I think that was a good buy----I wish I could have done somemore bidding but the auction didnt allow anybody back in once it went live---I bid on around 10 lots and won this lot. I was the underbidder on around 4-5--Don

MichaelS
07-11-2012, 09:22 PM
How do you know if you won an auction? I I was bidding on a 1960 c hat, but don't know if I won. Looks like I was the high bid.

perezfan
07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
How do you know if you won an auction? I I was bidding on a 1960 c hat, but don't know if I won. Looks like I was the high bid.

Just call them... (610) 524-0822 ;)

MichaelS
07-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I ended up winning this one hat.

http://www.huntauctions.com/LIVE/img37/472.jpg

Can't wait to see it in person.

California Angels professional model hat c.1960s. Desirable halo style hat dating to around the time of the inception of the team. Intact leather band retains "Tim McAuliffe" resellers tag and "KM Pro Cap" and size "7 1/8" stampings. Well preserved with little mentionable wear. Includes LOA from Hunt Auctions: EX/MT-NM

Baseball Glove Collector
07-12-2012, 10:58 PM
I stopped by the Live Auction at Fanfest. It was in full swing. Did a quick lap around the cabinets. They sure have some nice things coming up in future auctions.

JD

MichaelS
07-19-2012, 05:57 PM
I was surprised that they don't take PayPal or credit cards.

HRBAKER
07-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I was surprised that they don't take PayPal or credit cards.

If you went to their website you would be surprised they have telephones.