PDA

View Full Version : Ebid VS Ebay??

greenmonster66
07-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Anyone one have any recent experience good or bad with EBID?? I receive alot of email from them regarding signing up as a Seller.

I currently have an Ebay store but quite frankly the fees are digging into mine and my clients pockets.

Leon
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Anyone one have any recent experience good or bad with EBID?? I receive alot of email from them regarding signing up as a Seller.

I currently have an Ebay store but quite frankly the fees are digging into mine and my clients pockets.

I signed up for them a few years ago but never put anything on there to sell. The problem with any personal auction site except ebay is the amount of traffic they get. It is truly like competing against Wal-Mart as a mom and pop store, next store. And even if you do sell some stuff there you will always wonder if it would have sold at a higher price on the bay.

Howe’s Hunter
07-10-2012, 01:33 PM
which might lead you to believe you wouldn't have a whole lot of people looking at your stuff....

ullmandds
07-10-2012, 01:39 PM
sounds very similar to grand slam bids?

"I signed up for them a few years ago but never put anything on there to sell. The problem with any personal auction site except ebay is the amount of traffic they get. It is truly like competing against Wal-Mart as a mom and pop store, next store. And even if you do sell some stuff there you will always wonder if it would have sold at a higher price on the bay. "

rjackson44
07-10-2012, 01:42 PM
agree with leon ,i have an account but have never put anything for sale ,terrible traffic,stick with ebay .

Leon
07-10-2012, 01:42 PM
sounds very similar to grand slam bids?

"I signed up for them a few years ago but never put anything on there to sell. The problem with any personal auction site except ebay is the amount of traffic they get. It is truly like competing against Wal-Mart as a mom and pop store, next store. And even if you do sell some stuff there you will always wonder if it would have sold at a higher price on the bay. "

Unfortunately exactly like Grand Slam Bids except at Ebid they sell everything instead of just sports stuff. I am sure GSB is a better mouse trap than ebay (s/w wise) but we don't have the marketing money to compete. Who wants to sell at auction when you don't have enough eyes looking at it? The best these other sites can do is offer a virtual store for fixed price offerings.