PDA

View Full Version : 1939 Play Ball backs - newbie

Prof_Plum
07-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Currently, my collection has no focus - cards from every decade (T206's to 1990's Topps). Consequently, I've been buying different cards for the last couple of years with very little background knowledge 'cause they look neat. I've probably been the poster child for "A fool and his money..." :o

Anyway, with one recent acquisition I got some 1939 Play Ball cards. A duplicate of one revealed different backs - or at least different fonts. The fronts are exactly the same photo. Been searching the web for some info but coming up blank. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=347&pictureid=7212

edhans
07-06-2012, 05:17 PM
This variation has been known for some time now. About 80% of the first series (1-115) have been found both ways. I don't think either carries a significant premium.

Prof_Plum
07-07-2012, 09:32 AM
This variation has been known for some time now. About 80% of the first series (1-115) have been found both ways. I don't think either carries a significant premium.
Thank you. I figured it wasn't anything special but couldn't find any info on the web regarding this variation. So just wanted to make sure.