PDA

View Full Version : leland's do the ever send you your items

sflayank
07-05-2012, 03:13 PM
a $264 check that cleared on june 22nd for 1 item and they still havent sent it out...why who knows..apparently theyre living in the 50s when it comes to clearing checks...apparently they are unaware of the fact that 99% of all checks drawn on US banks clear within 24 hrs

glchen
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately, I believe many auction houses, not just Leland's, wait a full two weeks for checks to clear before sending winnings. I've asked my bank before also (Bank of America) since I sometimes take personal checks for ebay sales, and I've asked them how long it takes for checks to clear, and even they told me I should wait a couple of weeks.

BTW, I'd like to give kudos to Clean Sweep for some of the fastest shipping I've seen. I am in California, and they are in New York. I sent my bank cashier's check to them this past Saturday, and woolah, today, I received my package (via USPS Priority Mail). I was thinking that I wasn't going to see this for another couple of weeks. (The wins were a W560 Gehrig PSA A and 1933 WWG #55 Gehrig SGC 40.)

E93
07-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Less than 2 hours after Paypal paying for my Sterling winnings I received a tracking number notice that my package was on the way.

edhans
07-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I paid via wire transfer and had my lot by the Thursday after the auction ended.

07-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Less than 2 hours after Paypal paying for my Sterling winnings I received a tracking number notice that my package was on the way.

Same here; And it arrived on Monday! Excellent service and lightning fast shipping!

drc
07-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Can't remember shipping durations, but I've always gotten my winings from Lelands so far.

Bosox Blair
07-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I bought stuff from them on eBay (paid via Paypal) and it came very quick. Must be the check thing...

Cheers,
Blair

toybulldog
07-05-2012, 08:11 PM
I mailed a USPS money order to Lelands on a Monday and received my items four days later on Thursday. Send a money order next time they only cost a dollar or so.

sreader3
07-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Sent the check immediately after auction close. It cleared on 6/28. No item yet.

These people are dinosaurs.

(BTW, if they would take paypal I would have used that payment method.)

atx840
07-05-2012, 08:29 PM

+1

eb548
07-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Regarding tax.. Has any New York resident shipped their items to a secondary (outside of new York state) residence/ location with Leland's ? If so, have you been charged tax on your winnings?
I Was surprised that tax was put in the invoice and Leland's said it was their policy. Wanted to check with the board and see if this is normal? Thanks for help!

Bugsy
07-05-2012, 09:00 PM
I have paid by check with Leland's before too. Yes, it takes a while, but it isn't like it should be a surprise. They say right in their rules that they will wait 10 days for a check to clear. That has always been accurate in my experience with them. If they cashed your check on the 22nd, tomorrow would be the 10th business day. I bet it goes out within the next day or so. I always have a hard time waiting too, but I guess I could use one of the other payment options if I can't wait. Anyway, good luck. I hope you get your stuff soon.

PAYMENT
Payment is due within 14 days after notification. Failure to pay invoices promptly can result in suspension of your auction privileges. Personal checks are accepted but without prior credit terms, merchandise will be held until your check clears. This takes ten business days. We accept personal checks, money orders, cash and wire transfers.
http://www.lelands.com/Home/FAQs

npa589
07-05-2012, 09:16 PM
+2, and if I may, +9 for the nine times I have won items in Brian's auctions that this has occurred.

sflayank
07-07-2012, 10:21 AM
its now 16 days since the check cleared no item no notification it was sent and no further responses from them...i guess they dont like being written about..maybe i should send them a copy of the bank statement showing them it cleared

sflayank
07-09-2012, 05:56 PM
its now 18 days since check cleared no word from them
on whether its been sent out no response to email and either they dont read this board or just dont give a damn

danmckee
07-09-2012, 05:59 PM
its now 18 days since check cleared no word from them
on whether its been sent out no response to email and either they dont read this board or just dont give a damn

Have you tried calling them? Heff is a good guy and I highly recommend his customer service.

sflayank
07-09-2012, 06:06 PM
hi dan
if i call ill just get aggravated and start yelling
not that the amount should matter but its 1 item for $264
and what i havent mentioned is the item in question could be sent insured 1st class mail for about $5 and they collected $25 p&h
so if lelands is reading this...just ship out the damn item already and let me know
larry

danmckee
07-10-2012, 07:41 AM
I can feel ur pain, if you haven't noticed, I lose it sometimes as well on this board. :p

I just paid Phillip Weiss $18 shipping to send a dozen strip cards to me and I paid SCP $37 for about 20 raw cards and a Hartland statue.

Dan

SetBuilder
07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Do they send a confirmation e-mail when they ship? I'm in the same boat.

The funds left my account over 2 weeks ago and still nothing.

sflayank
07-10-2012, 12:10 PM
i called them today
sent ups should arrive today
they apparently do not send out confirmation emails, trascking #s etc
youre on your own

sflayank
07-10-2012, 01:52 PM
item just arrived
and for all those interested
package cost lelands $14 to ship UPS ground and they charged me $25
i guess they pay the guys in shipping $2 a minute to pack because this item certainly couldnt take more than 5 minutes to pack...more like 1 minute
why dont all auction companies offer shipping options..for instance this package sent usps 1st class mail with full insurance would have cost $8...
customer satisfaction should be the #1 priority...but of course the bottom line is more important...enough venting...when they posted the invoice for $25 i should have called them on it then

carrigansghost
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Are you happy with the price you won the auction for?
Are you happy with the condition that the item arrived?
Let's look into the cost of an employee sending out your item. Have any clue as to the costs?
Should there have been better communication? Yes.
Can anyone pinpoint the exact date we all became a mass of whiners?
I waited three months for a win with a large auction company, but have never bashed them. I respected member of the board here has waited 6 months for me to finally pay for a group of photos, never a word of negative comments. Have we all become teenagers needing instant gratification?

Rawn

danmckee
07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi Larry, Heff wrote me back immediately and carboned me on an email to his shipping department to get this right out.

I am glad you received it today but I think you need to relax and be thankful you got it.

I do feel your pain with shipping cost and lack of communication but you got your item and all should be well.

Hang in there and keep collecting my friend

dan

buymycards
07-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Well folks, let's take a look at this. The item was $264. Lelands 19.5% vig puts fifty bucks in their pocket. I don't know what they charge for a consignment fee, but let's say 12%. That's another thirty bucks. Another 11 bucks on the shipping - now we are at 91 bucks gross profit for one $264 item. In addition, Leland's doesn't have any inventory costs because everything is consigned.

I shipped over a thousand items last year so I know that it couldn't take more than 5 minutes to get this item ready to ship.

I don't know about you, but if I can make $91 bucks on a $264 sale I am going to treat that customer like a king because I want that customer to come back and bid again. There really is no good excuse for this kind of service.