PDA

View Full Version : OT-Dave Slomer

Smokey Joe
07-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Hello everyone, just wanted to reach out and try to find out more about a fellow collector named Dave Slomer.
I know he has a serious health problem for the last few months. I talked with him 2 weeks ago and he did not sound good. I keep trying his cell but it has been saying voice box full.

I know there are a few people on here that are friends with him...

Thanks
Mark

Bicem
07-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Dave is good people, hope he is ok!

Vintageclout
07-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Hello everyone, just wanted to reach out and try to find out more about a fellow collector named Dave Slomer.
I know he has a serious health problem for the last few months. I talked with him 2 weeks ago and he did not sound good. I keep trying his cell but it has been saying voice box full.

I know there are a few people on here that are friends with him...

Thanks
Mark

FYI, David Slomer is a good friend of mine and is currently suffering from various Liver complications. I spoke to him last week and he is hanging in there. To make matters worse, someone on eBay just ripped him off for approx. $20K by trading him a FAKE PSA 6 '52 Topps Mantle for a Joe Jackson SGC 40/3 rookie card! They cracked open the PSA holder, slipped in a fake Mantle and resealed it. I am trying to assist Dave in finding the culprit but they have totally disappeared from eBay. Absolutely disgusting, especially considering what Dave is going through right now with his poor health. I will try and keep you updated as to how his condition progresses.

Best Regards,
Joe T.

Republicaninmass
07-01-2012, 11:08 AM
terrible news! I have tried emailin ghim a few times to no avail, prayers sent David, get better soon!

sycks22
07-01-2012, 11:18 AM
I talked to him last week. He doesn't have much strength to talk on the phone anymore. He told me about the card fiasco and it's terrible to hear that especially since he's such a great guy. I wish Dave the best.

ullmandds
07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Sheeit dave...i hope you get well.

scooter729
07-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I got my first Ruth (a '33 Goudey) from David a number of years ago. When we were negotiating a price, he asked if it would be my first Babe Ruth card. When I said yes, he gave me an even better deal on it, and told me to keep it and remember my first Ruth, since it should be special.

I still have it, and it is still special. Get well soon David!

Smokey Joe
07-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Just talked with him minutes ago. He seems in high spirits, but to get screwed out of 20k is not good.

He is gathering info on this guy, hopefully he gets his cards back.

irishdenny
07-01-2012, 07:34 PM
If it wouldn't be an issue, can we get a scan of the Jackson in case it comes up for sale or auction. I would love to help catch this piece of work from flipping Dave's Card... Jeez's this really really turns my skin inside out!

"My Prayers are with You Dave"

Smokey Joe
07-02-2012, 05:12 AM
yes, i will give him a call this week and see if he does have scans.

My guess is this guy who has the Joe J. rookie would not be that dumb to put in an auction or Ebay. He most likely would trade it away for equal value and sell the traded card.

kkkkandp
07-02-2012, 07:48 AM
David and I have had some nice chats about Old Judges over the years. He is a very personable man. I wish him the best on both fronts.