PDA

View Full Version : Anyone idendtify this team?

mcgwirecom
06-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Just received this ceramic football helmet bank from my Aunt. She used to attend sporting events around Philly. But I don't recognize the logo. I've seen thei type of bank for all the NFL and some college teams. Sorry I mis-spelled identify in the title, could not fix it.

jgmp123
07-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Kinda favors this bank....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-NAZARETH-PA-EAGLES-FOOTBALL-HELMET-COIN-BANK-/380437055015#ht_2989wt_922

mcgwirecom
07-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah I did see that one, not the same as that one has printing on the base. My Aunt used to go see the Phila. Bell and philly Bulldogs back in the day, but doesn't look like those logos either. Don't look like any Eagles logo either.

BigJJ
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I dont mean to sound like we're identifying birds here rather than sports memorabilia, but could it be a hawk?
Can't imagine the team you're looking for being anything other than 'the eagles' or 'the hawks'. Is there a bird I'm missing. It's not the pigeons.

Leon
07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Not sure of the team but it resembles a bald eagle to me.

BigJJ
07-02-2012, 06:10 PM
For the record I think it's an eagle too and with little head feather

Deertick
07-02-2012, 09:21 PM
I showed it to my Dad and Uncle, lifelong Philly area sports fans, and neither recall anything resembling that for any tri-state pro or college teams. At least from about 1945 on. Did your Aunt have any idea of year?

mcgwirecom
07-02-2012, 09:47 PM
From what I've seen of these type of helmet banks they were made in the 1960's. They are pretty common on Ebay for all NFL teams and college teams. I did see one from a High School that was already mentioned. It was similar but not the same. So I'm gonna have to guess this may be another high school? Seems odd she would have it. She gave me lots of items from the Phila. Bulldogs and Phila. Bell. She is also a Penn state fan. I originally thought this was a PSU helmet that someone stuck eagles on, but I saw a PSU helmet and it has a PSU sticker on it. I'll grill her on the 4th when I see her again.