PDA

View Full Version : T206 Advice.

wazoo
06-28-2012, 10:47 PM
I have started my T206 collection and have reached 48 cards as of now. I have compiled many Southern Leaguers, HOF's, Commons, Uncommons, rare backs etc. I was wondering if any other collectors had advice, or just wanted to discuss T206 cards.

SetBuilder
06-29-2012, 09:58 AM
How to complete the set as fast as possible:

Step 1: Buy a large lot of T206 cards (50+ cards).
Step 2: Re-sell duplicates.
Step 3: Repeat.

Buying 1 card at a time is too costly and time consuming.

teetwoohsix
06-29-2012, 11:08 AM
I have started my T206 collection and have reached 48 cards as of now. I have compiled many Southern Leaguers, HOF's, Commons, Uncommons, rare backs etc. I was wondering if any other collectors had advice, or just wanted to discuss T206 cards.

Hi wazoo-

Congrats on how far you have come already. My advice is to just collect whatever way works for you. I'm all over the place with how I collect, since to me it doesn't matter what I'm picking up as long as it's one I don't have. I try to mix in mid-level tough backs, odd balls, and stay in a VG to VG-EX range. If money were no object, I'd have completed this thing by now, but it is and unfortunately I only pick up a card here and there.

Good luck on your quest and be sure to check out the BST....lots of great cards show up there for sale and trade.

Sincerely, Clayton

T206Collector
06-29-2012, 11:31 AM
How to complete the set as fast as possible:

Step 1: Buy a large lot of T206 cards (50+ cards).
Step 2: Re-sell duplicates.
Step 3: Repeat.

Buying 1 card at a time is too costly and time consuming.

I did that with my first set. This time around, I am being a little more discriminate in terms of condition. So I am not buying groups of 50+. But, I do pick up a dozen here or there now and again....

wazoo
06-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Thank you very much. I have basically done the same, really. I have tried to add a good amount of Hall of Famers for a reasonable price, and that I have succeeded in so far. The back collection is coming along as well, just those rare backs, I'm going to truly have to save up for. One of the only issues I have encountered is Southern Leaguers, and their high prices. I have acquired 4 as of now, but I still had to pay a good price for them. It truly is an amazing hobby.

g_vezina_c55
06-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi Wazzo, i will said the same as other member, collect in the way you want and you love, they are so many way to collect T206 cards. Collect with your preference, yep buy a couple cards a week is a long travel for build a complete t206 set but it is not a race, it is a long long long travel to build a
T206 set.

For me it is a 522 cards quest and i am at 25% of completion after 3 month. I will never be able to afford the Wagner and the doyle so the maximum i can do is 522 cards.

Good Luck in your research and your purchase, and be sure to check every day in the BST section, everyday new T206 cards come up for sale.

mrvster
06-29-2012, 02:58 PM
My advice....have fun....you picked a great set...it's all i collect...:D
Good luck, we will all help you;)
BTW...

Let's see the rare backs!!

= )

Peace

Johnny

wazoo
06-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Thank you everyone. I have collected what i feel is unique and that is the way I will continue. I may only be 15, but I've done a lot of research and have studied the set for more than 2 years. I will set up some scans for everyone to see, and I'm quite glad I'm surrounded by such a welcoming community

g_vezina_c55
06-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Thank you everyone. I have collected what i feel is unique and that is the way I will continue. I may only be 15, but I've done a lot of research and have studied the set for more than 2 years. I will set up some scans for everyone to see, and I'm quite glad I'm surrounded by such a welcoming community

Verry nice to see a 15 years old guy who collect pre war cards!

wazoo
06-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Thank you. Please keep me informed on your new cards that you pick up.

Clark7781
06-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Wazoo, if I can offer one piece of advice it would be this: Don't be a condition prude. Enjoy the cards for what they were, a BEAUTIFUL marketing idea. Well loved cards are beautiful in their own right when you are talking about cards over 100 years old. Someone, much older than you look at them, held them, put them in their pocket, in their desk....

Enjoy the beauty for what they are...

Over 100 years old and GORGEOUS!!!

06-29-2012, 09:40 PM
...I may only be 15...

You communicate quite well for a 15 year old! Welcome to the board!

mintacular
06-29-2012, 10:16 PM
My advice, ask yourself the very tough question as to why you want/need to own the entire set...You might save yourself time, $ to do so. Maybe you would be better off buying 10, or 50 cards from this set in the condition pleasing to you rather than heading down a rat hole buying cards just to finish the whole set and paying 1,000s for a Stl. Demmitt, etc. At the end of the day very unlikely you will own the whole set. I know my comments seem cynical but worth considering at the very least

wazoo
06-29-2012, 10:40 PM
That is very true, but I still have a lifetime ahead of me, and if I collect a little here and there, I will complete the set. I want to buy what I feel is unique, and has a history. If it's a little beat up, oh well, it just shows the history behind it. Right now though, I'm just going to continue what I'm doing and enjoy it as well.

Matthew H
06-30-2012, 03:58 AM
That is very true, but I still have a lifetime ahead of me, and if I collect a little here and there, I will complete the set. I want to buy what I feel is unique, and has a history. If it's a little beat up, oh well, it just shows the history behind it. Right now though, I'm just going to continue what I'm doing and enjoy it as well.

If you want the whole set I'd say go for it! When I was fifteen all I cared about was chicks and parties. If you want half a million in cardboard, focus on the future man you'll get it!

T206Collector
06-30-2012, 05:29 AM
If you want the whole set I'd say go for it! When I was fifteen all I cared about was chicks and parties. If you want half a million in cardboard, focus on the future man you'll get it!

Chicks Dig The T206

g_vezina_c55
06-30-2012, 07:36 AM

Yep you have your life to build the set but a life is longgggg you will Perhaps change your collecting focus during that life hehe.

If you keep focused,and buy t206 each week you can, your set will grow quickly. Comon t206 in low grade are verry easy to buy each week.

It is the beauty of the t206 set, it is easy to buy t206 and easy to start a set but verry hard near impossible to finish the set :)

wazoo
06-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Hahaha, trust me, I focus a lot on that too. But for my hobby, it's the t206 set. I've noticed on EBay you really can get cheap commons, in about 3 condition for only like $15, so that's where it's at. It will surely one hard set to complete.

wazoo
06-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Here is my collectors focus. It hasn't been updated for a year, and most of these cards have been graded by now. I will upload more tonight for everyone to see.

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/wazo25

Wymers Auction
06-30-2012, 09:06 AM
That is awesome. It is great to know that someone your age is getting into the hobby. These guys on here will be more than happy to answer your questions. Good luck in your collecting.

E93
06-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Wazoo,
Good luck with your set and welcome aboard here. It is great to see young folks interested in the real vintage cards. I got my first T206s when I was about 13 or 14.
JimB

wazoo
06-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Thank you. I'll keep everyone posted.