PDA

View Full Version : From Kevin Nelson's blog (author of Operation Bullpen) a hearty endorsement of Chris

RichardSimon
06-26-2012, 10:24 AM
BY KEVIN NELSON Sept. 23,2010 "I know what motivates forgers, counterfeit distributors, and crooked authenticators: money. And ego, of course. But mainly money, lots of easy money.

But what motivates the people who try to expose the forgers? I was thinking about this while watching Chris Williams’s latest Youtube video on the rash of Mickey Mantle forgeries now flooding eBay. I have written about Williams in the past, and frequently exchange emails with him, and I continue to be amazed by the passion he brings to his fight to clean up the hobby.

The forgers also have lots of passion—making money will do that for you. But Williams doesn’t make money when he posts on Youtube as tomtresh2; he’s doing it because he loves collecting, loves autographs of the genuine kind, and positively hates the crooks and scam artists who peddle bad stuff to the many apparently clueless eBay buyers and sellers.

Williams has been at this for years—shining a light on the hobby’s shadiest operators despite threats and insults from them. Yet many of these operators remain in business and if they are no longer in business, others who are equally shady and corrupt have taken their place. Williams is a Paul Revere of the autography hobby, warning us about the scoundrels in our midst, and he deserves to be heard."

Some people really do something for the hobby and Kevin Nelson clearly sees that.

Jay Wolt
06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Well deserved props to Chris

jgmp123
06-26-2012, 10:31 AM
BY KEVIN NELSON Sept. 23,2010 "I know what motivates forgers, counterfeit distributors, and crooked authenticators: money. And ego, of course. But mainly money, lots of easy money.

But what motivates the people who try to expose the forgers? I was thinking about this while watching Chris Williams’s latest Youtube video on the rash of Mickey Mantle forgeries now flooding eBay. I have written about Williams in the past, and frequently exchange emails with him, and I continue to be amazed by the passion he brings to his fight to clean up the hobby.

The forgers also have lots of passion—making money will do that for you. But Williams doesn’t make money when he posts on Youtube as tomtresh2; he’s doing it because he loves collecting, loves autographs of the genuine kind, and positively hates the crooks and scam artists who peddle bad stuff to the many apparently clueless eBay buyers and sellers.

Williams has been at this for years—shining a light on the hobby’s shadiest operators despite threats and insults from them. Yet many of these operators remain in business and if they are no longer in business, others who are equally shady and corrupt have taken their place. Williams is a Paul Revere of the autography hobby, warning us about the scoundrels in our midst, and he deserves to be heard."

Some people really do something for the hobby and Kevin Nelson clearly sees that.

+1

Chris has made some pretty amazing videos that I gotta believe have made a huge impact to the hobby. Well done Chris!

scmavl
06-26-2012, 11:39 AM
+1 In the short time I've known him, Chris has been infinitely helpful to me and never wants anything to share his knowledge.

thetruthisoutthere
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Richard, thanks for posting that blog from Mr. Kevin Nelson. That was written a little under two years ago and I had forgotten all about it. Kevin and I conversed on numerous occasions when I was in YouTube Mode.

And thank you for the nice comments posted here. It is much appreciated.

By the way, my YouTube days are not done. I have a few more to do when the time is right.

Leon
06-26-2012, 12:54 PM
I will add my thanks and support to and for Chris. As Chris knows, he doesn't have a bigger supporter on Net54baseball, for what he does, than myself. Thanks Chris. You are a collectors hero!!

Fuddjcal
06-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Richard, thanks for posting that blog from Mr. Kevin Nelson. That was written a little under two years ago and I had forgotten all about it. Kevin and I conversed on numerous occasions when I was in YouTube Mode.

And thank you for the nice comments posted here. It is much appreciated.

By the way, my YouTube days are not done. I have a few more to do when the time is right.

Can't wait to see "Fonzie" back on Youtube!!!AAAHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thetruthisoutthere
06-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Can't wait to see "Fonzie" back on Youtube!!!AAAHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes, Chuck, "The Fonz" will be back for one or two more videos when the time is right.

It was Chuck who gave me the nickname "Fonzie" under my YouTube videos...:)

Wymers Auction
06-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks for what you do Chris I learn a lot on here which helps me avoid passing garbage items on to others.

thekingofclout
06-27-2012, 04:05 AM