PDA

View Full Version : T206 carolina brights...why not higher prices??

CMIZ5290
06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
This is a back that continues to amaze me. Current psa population reports show only 4 cards graded PSA 6 with none higher!! That's insane! Why not a higher premium then on price? Would love to hear thoughts and opinions on this one......Is PSA's report not accurate? I hope Ted Z and Brian weigh in on this one.....

ullmandds
06-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Defintely an underappreciated t206 back. I don't really understand why? It's actually an interesting back compared to many others in t206. I cant answer your question but if T206 rare backs continue to rise the Carolina brights will soon follow. And will someday be more appreciated and valued.

ethicsprof
06-25-2012, 08:08 PM
it's a mystery to me.
they truly are beauties IMHO.
I suspect Peter has it right when he says things are bound to change for this
back in time.
I have only one---the Lundgren Kansas City.
all the best,
barry

carrigansghost
06-25-2012, 08:10 PM
I would say that in my very limited area of collecting, the list of possibles is not correct.

Rawn

tedzan
06-26-2012, 11:02 AM
This is a back that continues to amaze me. Current psa population reports show only 4 cards graded PSA 6 with none higher!! That's insane! Why not a higher premium then on price? Would love to hear thoughts and opinions on this one......Is PSA's report not accurate? I hope Ted Z and Brian weigh in on this one.....

Kevin

CAROLINA BRIGHTS (CB) is strictly a 350-Only series back; and therefore, is found with only 13 - Star cards. I think this may explain why the collector demand is
less for the CB cards than other T206 tough backs of similar rarity. The majority of CB's are found on Minor Leaguer's and common Major Leaguer's. In my opinion,
this factor has kept the CB card prices relatively lower than they should be (and, will probably continue to keep them lower).

The only Stars that I know of with CB backs are these 13 subjects........

Bender (trees)
Bresnahan (bat)
** Chance (yellow portrait)
** Chase (blue portrait)
** Chase (dark cap)
** Cobb (red portrait)
Collins (A's)
Collins (Minn)
** Evers (bat-Chicago)
Kelley
** Mathewson (dark cap)
McGinnity
Speaker

** denotes Super-Print

TED Z

carrigansghost
06-26-2012, 11:36 AM
My offer of $100 for a Carrigan CB still stands. I have never seen one in 10 years of searching to complete my back run.

Rawn

Rob D.
06-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Here's a checklist, for those who are interested:

http://www.t206resource.com/Carolina%20Brights%20Checklist.html

carrigansghost
06-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Thx Rob, I have seen the checklists around, but never a confirmed sighting. I confirmed the AB350 back, which had not been seen.

Rawn

tedzan
06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
I have seen the checklists around, but never a confirmed sighting. I confirmed the AB350 back, which had not been seen.

Rawn

Hey Rawn

If I find Carrigan with a CB back before you do....I'll drive up to Maine and personally deliver the card to you.

Anyhow, I have to check up on my Grandson at the Univ. of Maine.

Lot's of luck.

TED Z

srs1a
06-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Are they really under-appreciated and under-valued? I recently found a very interesting article concerning back-side value multipliers in T206 resource (by Scot Reader). I'd highly recommend taking a look -- here's the link.

http://t206resource.com/Article-T206Resource-Revisiting-T206-Back-Multipliers.html

My take away was that the value multiplier for CB was just about the same as Brown Hindu and consistent with the relative difficulty of the backs. I think I'd ask the same question as the original poster about AB350nF, though :)

CMIZ5290
06-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Scott- true enough about brown hindu's, but they out populate cb"s by about 3 to 1 according to psa pop reports. That's a hell of a difference......

carrigansghost
06-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Stop on in Ted, you will be going by the house about 2 hours before Bangor.

Rawn

Rob D.
06-26-2012, 02:28 PM
If nothing else, Rawn, you could always "create" a CB Carrigan with the appropriate front and back scans. It's the next best thing to having one, especially if the card in question doesn't exist.

carrigansghost
06-26-2012, 02:51 PM
I only go for the real cards, Rob. We have TPG'ers to ensure this right?

Rawn

Rob D.
06-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I only go for the real cards, Rob. We have TPG'ers to ensure this right?

Rawn

TPGers and T206 scholars keep the collecting world safe, Rawn.

wonkaticket
06-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Not sure what is more disappointing at this point. The fact that Ted has been caught in some tall tales with non-confirmed cards and bogus scans. Or the fact that the same inside joke about Ted's situation has to be played over and over and over so 2-3 people can have a chuckle fest over something that has been beaten to death here ad nauseum.

I think it’s safe to say perhaps both have jumped the shark at this point wouldn't you agree?

Cheers,

John

Rob D.
06-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Not sure what is more disappointing at this point. The fact that Ted has been caught in some tall tales with non-confirmed cards and bogus scans. Or the fact that the same inside joke about Ted's situation has to be played over and over and over so 2-3 people can have a chuckle fest over something that has been beaten to death here ad nauseum.

I think it’s safe to say perhaps both have jumped the shark at this point wouldn't you agree?

Cheers,

John

Let he who has not beaten a dead horse cast the first whip.

Cheers.

wonkaticket
06-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Rob not saying I havn't given Ted my fair share of lumps, did it when it was time....and then a bit beyond. But even I moved on from it I'm not following the guy thread to thread with the same one liner and inside joke.

John

Rob D.
06-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Rob not saying I havn't given Ted my fair share of lumps, did it when it was time....and then a bit beyond. But even I moved on from it I'm not following the guy thread to thread with the same one liner and inside joke.

John

No one is questioning your classiness, John. Or your PhotoShop skills.

carrigansghost
06-26-2012, 03:26 PM
I wake thanking both parties every morning, Rob.

Rawn

wonkaticket
06-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Rob, not going to get into with you, the whole babe in the woods thing isn’t needed nor is the subtle Rob sarcasm (which I do like BTW). :)

No spin even you have to see it just looks really petty at this point. Just seems like you’re running a Jim & Tim’s slam for hire business. The majority of the time if Ted says T206 there’s Rob with a shot and a web link…..

That’s all I’m saying.

Cheers,

John

Rob D.
06-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Rob, not going to get into with you, the whole babe in the woods thing isn’t needed nor is the subtle Rob sarcasm (which I do like BTW). :)

No spin even you have to see it just looks really petty at this point. Just seems like you’re running a Jim & Tim’s slam for hire business. The majority of the time if Ted says T206 there’s Rob with a shot and a web link…..

That’s all I’m saying.

Cheers,

John

John,

If you think I'm posting anyone's thoughts but my own, then you're so in the dark that you couldn't find your way out with a searchlight. (Not an ounce of sarcasm there.)

As for me posting a link to an accurate T206 checklist, I would think someone like yourself, who is on the record as wanting truthfulness and integrity in our hobby, would appreciate the value in that.

carrigansghost
06-26-2012, 04:04 PM
I would like an accurate one as well, this is why I've offered the small to most, yet large to me, bounty for this card. I've searched countless sales and have not been able to locate one. Show me the proof and I can continue on the search or give up on this quest of a nonexistant card.

Rawn

Abravefan11
06-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Rawn - I would love to provide you with something definitive but it's just not available right now. This is why we list the card on our site as unconfirmed but that it "may" be possible. It could be a no-print with the Carolina Brights back, but that isn't known for sure, so it would be premature to list it that way. I do know a longtime follower of tough backs had it on their list but there was no additional information that he could locate to back up the confirmation. I think at this point you have a lot of eyes on the lookout for you.

wonkaticket
06-26-2012, 04:49 PM
If nothing else, Rawn, you could always "create" a CB Carrigan with the appropriate front and back scans. It's the next best thing to having one, especially if the card in question doesn't exist.

Rob, you are correct I do want good hobby information nothing has changed. Love when good information is posted.

I guess with my search light in the dark I missed where the above was anything more than brining up Ted’s past issues for simple shits and giggles and a cyber-slap to stir the pot. Guess I failed to see how ragging Ted just one more time made the hobby a better place and how the above statement was filled with good hobby information. Rob no offense don’t put icing on a turd and sell to me as chocolate cake it’s silly. You were trying to get a raise out of Ted nothing more man up.

I simply said ughhh let it go, then we disagreed it’s that simple don’t try and spin the above into some deeper meaning noble hobby cause.

I want to be clear here as well. I’m not giving Ted a pass or asking one to forgive and forget either. I’m just as offended with Ted’s past actions on a few things as anyone else is perhaps more. But sooner or later it’s time to just let it go IMO.

Ted is here and he’s not going anywhere I don’t think busting his balls each and every time he pops up is making anything any better.

All I’m saying…I would think someone like yourself would agree.

Rob D.
06-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Rob, you are correct I do want good hobby information nothing has changed. Love when good information is posted.

I guess with my search light in the dark I missed where the above was anything more than brining up Ted’s past issues for simple shits and giggles and a cyber-slap to stir the pot. Guess I failed to see how ragging Ted just one more time made the hobby a better place and how the above statement was filled with good hobby information. Rob no offense don’t put icing on a turd and sell to me as chocolate cake it’s silly. You were trying to get a raise out of Ted nothing more man up.

I simply said ughhh let it go, then we disagreed it’s that simple don’t try and spin the above into some deeper meaning noble hobby cause.

I want to be clear here as well. I’m not giving Ted a pass or asking one to forgive and forget either. I’m just as offended with Ted’s past actions on a few things as anyone else is perhaps more. But sooner or later it’s time to just let it go IMO.

Ted is here and he’s not going anywhere I don’t think busting his balls each and every time he pops up is making anything any better.

All I’m saying…I would think someone like yourself would agree.

John,

To boil it down: You found fault with me posting links to accurate checklists. I reasoned that if you're interested about truthfulness and integrity, posting accurate information should be seen as valuable. You follow up by taking the discussion in a different direction, which seems to be the go-to move in many T206 threads here.

"ughhh let it go" ... coming from you, that's truly priceless.

wonkaticket
06-26-2012, 05:55 PM

Rob, what you just posted is an incorrect statement. I said nothing negative about any links to lists. The thread clearly shows that.

My only comment to you was on your quote above.

It’s you that have decided to spin your shot aimed at Ted on the same old Ted stuff into some grand hobby noble effort of championing good information. Which you know it was not, it was nothing more than a shot meant to raise a reaction or get under Ted’s skin. Not saying there isn’t some truth in your venom aimed at Ted…but at least call it for what it is and don’t hide behind so called good hobby intentions.

In the end you have the right to say whatever you want to anyone just as I have the right to say ughh. It's clear we disagree on bringing up the Ted faked scan and list mistakes over and over that’s ok with me happy to disagree.

As for my integrity as well as my views on truthfulness in the hobby and accurate information they remain the same.

John

tedzan
06-26-2012, 06:02 PM
John,

You found fault with me posting links to accurate checklists. I reasoned that if you're interested about truthfulness and integrity, posting accurate information should be seen as valuable. You follow up by taking the discussion in a different direction, which seems to be the go-to move in many T206 threads here.

Rob

John is correct.....everytime I post on Net54, you follow-up my posts with your sarcastic and snide comments. It's a sick obsession of yours. All of us have seen you
do this to others in the past on this forum. You do not contribute much that is meaningful.....rather you choose to be a negative dude.

Regarding your questioning my T206 lists on this forum. You forget that many T206 collectors contributed their expertise to these lists that I have generated these 8
years on this Network. Therefore, in affect you are questioning their integrity, as well as mine.

I have bumped up my "Consolidated T206 front/back lists".......4000+ permutations.....READ IT !

Then SMART-A$$.....tell us of the "errors".....and, tell us of the so-called bits of "mis-information" that you claim I have posted in these lists ? ?

TED Z

Rob D.
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Rob, what you just posted is an incorrect statement. I said nothing negative about any links to lists. The thread clearly shows that.

My only comment to you was on your quote above.

It’s you that have decided to spin your shot aimed at Ted on the same old Ted stuff into some grand hobby noble effort of championing good information. Which you know it was not, it was nothing more than a shot meant to raise a reaction or get under Ted’s skin. Not saying there isn’t some truth in your venom aimed at Ted…but at least call it for what it is and don’t hide behind so called good hobby intentions.

In the end you have the right to say whatever you want to anyone just as I have the right to say ughh. It's clear we disagree on bringing up the Ted faked scan and list mistakes over and over that’s ok with me happy to disagree.

As for my integrity as well as my views on truthfulness in the hobby and accurate information they remain the same.

John

OK, John, I give up. I'm unable to survive the Wonka Vortex.

Ted must have taught you well as you both whiled away the hours behind your table at the Philly show. You've become a master at challenging points that haven't been made, changing direction when there's no other alternative and assigning false motive and thoughts.

So rather than try to keep up, I'll just say thanks. Thank you for being the example that the rest of us can strive to become. Thank you for always taking the high road.

Rob D.
06-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Rob

John is correct.....everytime I post on Net54, you follow-up my posts with your sarcastic and snide comments. It's a sick obsession of yours. All of us have seen you
do this to others in the past on this forum. You do not contribute much that is meaningful.....rather you choose to be a negative dude.

Regarding your questioning my T206 lists on this forum. You forget that many T206 collectors contributed their expertise to these lists that I have generated these 8
years on this Network. Therefore, in affect you are questioning their integrity, as well as mine.

I have bumped up my "Consolidated T206 front/back lists".......4000+ permutations.....READ IT !

Then SMART-A$$.....tell us of the "errors".....and, tell us of the so-called bits of "mis-information" that you claim I have posted in these lists ? ?

TED Z

Ted,

Just be thankful that more than a few people have showed restraint when it comes to some of your posts.

tedzan
06-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Have fun trying to come up with errors on my T206 T-brand lists. Have you started reading it yet ?

Hey....this is my 8th year on Net54 and I have met many, many decent fellow collectors. And, then
there is a handful of "jerks" like you, that we try to avoid. But, then that's life.

I have found at least 2 errors (so far) in the T206Resource "checklists"......so, you can climb down
from your "high and mighty" pedestal.

T-Rex TED

Abravefan11
06-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Ted - I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you as I've told you it only serves to make everyone involved look bad. If you're aware of errors on our checklist just say what they are and we'll correct them.

I haven't gone over yours in detail but two quick one's I'd question would be Shipke brown Hindu and Lajoie (w/ bat) black Lenox.

Edit: Please don't rehash the red Hindu Cobb.

wonkaticket
06-26-2012, 07:02 PM
"OK, John, I give up. I'm unable to survive the Wonka Vortex.Ted must have taught you well as you both whiled away the hours behind your table at the Philly show. You've become a master at challenging points that haven't been made, changing direction when there's no other alternative and assigning false motive and thoughts.So rather than try to keep up, I'll just say thanks. Thank you for being the example that the rest of us can strive to become. Thank you for always taking the high road. "

Yawn. Yep you figured it all out Rob. All done here it’s clear you have no intention of trying to understand what I was trying to say.

This is just about being on teams, taking sides and carrying a torch of some old Ted bullshit all wrapped up and disguised into some better hobby better world wrapper with a bow on it. The discussion here as of post #13 had nothing to do with hobby progression let me know when it does.

John

atx840
06-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Interesting thread, I also think CBs are undervalued and they will likely continue to rise, even faster then Hindus and AB460s.

I have bugged Ted on this in the past and recently changed a post as it was a dick move on my part. For the majority Ted, you put up great information and start interesting threads. Thank you.

wonkaticket
06-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Ted - I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you as I've told you it only serves to make everyone involved look bad. If you're aware of errors on our checklist just say what they are and we'll correct them.

I haven't gone over yours in detail but two quick one's I'd question would be Shipke brown Hindu and Lajoie (w/ bat) black Lenox.

Edit: Please don't rehash the red Hindu Cobb.

Tim,

I agree makes everyone involved look bad. But sort of tough to take the high road and say let there be peace when Rob is firing up old drama for no real reason other than to do so all the time with a tag line to your website wouldn’t you say.

I realize you can’t control what folks say. However seeing as Rob is highlighted as a contributor on your site I would think you would ask the same of Rob that you would ask of Ted keep it civil and let’s move on we agree to disagree.

Otherwise you’re right it looks like a bunch of guys having a pissing match over who’s has the bigger T206 Johnson and it goes nowhere.

Cheers,

John

Abravefan11
06-26-2012, 07:37 PM
John - You and many other people are contributors on our site. I certainly can't be responsible for everything that each of them posts. Rob's initial post that you took issue with, I think, was regarding scans Ted posted several months ago and not his checklists. I don't see how that has anything to do with our site. I can not be the thought police for everyone that contributes to our site, including you.

Gradedcardman
06-26-2012, 07:37 PM
John and Ted,

I look forward to spending time with you guys in August. Thanks for the business and the great discussions.

By the way, I agree with CB's continuing to grow in popularity and $$. A great back that Brian dove into and has provided great scans and great information.

Adam

nolemmings
06-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah Rob, so there!! Let that be a lesson!!!

wonkaticket
06-26-2012, 10:06 PM
John - You and many other people are contributors on our site. I certainly can't be responsible for everything that each of them posts. Rob's initial post that you took issue with, I think, was regarding scans Ted posted several months ago and not his checklists. I don't see how that has anything to do with our site. I can not be the thought police for everyone that contributes to our site, including you.

Yeah Tim seems like a total stretch on my part….not quite sure how I came to the conclusion to say really again with this Ted faked scans stuff….and how it could possibly link or reflect poorly on your website and efforts.
I’m guessing here but perhaps it was the giant font T206Resource.com at the bottom of the post above.

Tim it’s not really that much of a stretch here and you can spin the simple home spun innocent stuff all you want. You, Jim and I along with Rob beat on Ted something hard me worst of all. Hell you used to send stuff to me to post about Ted when he and I were going at each other.

However when we did bust Ted’s chops it was topical and live or when he was caught knee deep in story land. It also had a purpose he was putting out some bad info. Now it seems the guy says nice weather today or shows a T206 common and its “Hey Ted faked scans you know”…yeah everyone knows.

You want to be more positive and move things in the right direction beyond the drama like in your PM to me then make an effort to do so beyond...the my hands are tied line. Have a backbone Tim. Even I admit I was and have been brutal to Ted on many things a lot of which I still stand behind. We all had our reasons you Jim and I but there was more to it than just being nasty for nasty sake...which is really where it has gone at this point.

Abravefan11
06-26-2012, 10:09 PM
John - I have a backbone and have stated many times on this board my opinion about many matters. You can continue to make me out to be the bad guy but I am not involved in this. I did not say anything negative about anyone or anything they have done in this thread. Rob's sig line is of his own choosing. What you post is of your own choosing. Again, I can not be more clear about this, what Rob posted had nothing to do with our website. You chose to drag Jim and I into this and you can angle Rob's sig line as an excuse, but one had nothing to do with the other. If you have an ax to grind it is an easy target, all be it misplaced.

Mikehealer
06-26-2012, 10:15 PM
I agree with Pete.

wonkaticket
06-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Tim,

Don’t flatter yourself. I have no axe to grind with you why would I have an axe to grind with you?

Unless there’s something you’re not telling me, something I should be aware of? If not then there is no need to worry about any axe to grind is there? Let alone insinuate that is my motive.

It’s not any deeper than what I have said here all day. Rob’s comment was nothing more than firing up an old torch for the flame factor. I said ughhh really again on this then he spun it into some greater hobby integrity thing and back to me and my faults etc.

Now you are on here twisting my points. I simply pointed out to you that for a guy who is been so public about taking the high road and focusing on the positive in the hobby as your PM to me and posts on here have said today and in the past few months. I found it counterproductive to your noble cause that you would have someone act the way you say isn’t what you’re about with a sig line pointing back to your site. That’s all.

Exciting times now we have gone to the stage of conspiracy theory and axe to grind, perhaps it’s a discredit campaign? Maybe you can ask folks to email you offline to get the real story…

Hmmm who else did we know that held themselves up as a T206 expert then when questioned on anything at all resorted to conspiracy theories and obvious misguided discredit campaigns against them? I forget it will come to me later. :)

Have a good night Tim. I’m off to plot more against you (evil laugh here)

John

Abravefan11
06-26-2012, 11:56 PM
John - Your issue is with Rob and not me. That's all I have been saying. I don't know why you feel the need to include me. I don't want to be a part of this. So please focus somewhere else.

wonkaticket
06-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Tim, I explained why I mentioned you above and explained here after your PM to me. It's no planned attack. Simply pointed something out you disagree or see no value to what I'm saying....fair enough all good.

John

Abravefan11
06-27-2012, 12:31 AM
John - You can manipulate it any way you like but this is reality.

Rob took a shot at someone
You took umbrage with the shot.
Because his sigline had the site address in it you included me.
The sigline had nothing to do with the shot.

wonkaticket
06-27-2012, 01:06 AM
John - You can manipulate it any way you like but this is reality.

Rob took a shot at someone (Correct)
You took umbrage with the shot. (Correct)
Because his sigline had the site address in it you included me. (In a bigger picture way you are correct)
The sigline had nothing to do with the shot. (We disagre I explained my view you dont agree, thats fine.)

Not spinning anything made myself clear we disgree thats all.

teetwoohsix
06-27-2012, 02:01 AM
I also think the Carolina Brights are underrated. I wish I had one....:D

Sincerely, Clayton

P.S. Johnny V., the cats out of the bag- you better start snatching them up quick :D;):p

mrvster
06-27-2012, 06:01 AM
I love the topic!:D

Clayton .......your one cool cat my bro:cool:;)
My fav back or one of them......awesome ornate design.....Brian knows the deal.....although i have only acquired a handful over about 12 or more years, id love some more!!totally tuff to find in good grade.....more scarce than perceived....i put real close to broadleaf....totally undervalued;)....but no doubt will change in future im sure:D

So id take beaters!!!!!:o

Tim, John, Rob, Ted........and everyone involved.......

All of u i look up to......i hope it all pans out.....

You guys have all contributed to my knowledge of this set imensly(and also Jim R and the tons of collector/friends i know too many to list)....tuf when big bucks are involved also, sometimes.....but, i know the mutual respect we have for each other far supercedes any bumps in the road......i too bashed Ted, but hopefully he learned....we are all humans(i'm one of the worst sometimes:o), but i make mistakes....it's how we recover and learn from them that really defines us....me on the other hand, i always make the same dumb ass mistakes over and over:o....i need to learn from them....i have really , i think made some life long friends thru these little pieces of expensive card board crack:D

I wish i had more to contribute, but i really do look up to all of you.....

Some i have really looked up to, and you know who you are....

we are all in this together....

Peace

V