PDA

View Full Version : A little help from my friends.....autograph forum

Leon
06-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Hey Guys,
I have been in discussions with my technical staff (LOL) and have given thought to making this forum into a stand alone forum with an icon at the top of each page and everything. Just like you see now, the icons near the tops of each page have Net54 Forum Home Page, Buy/Sell/Trade, Memorabilia, Postwar/Watercooler, Vintage links, Net54 FAQ-Rules, Alterations, Archive.

We are debating consolidating 2 of the static links (on the right of the row of them) and making a separate icon for Autographs next to the Memorabilia section. Autographs would be their own forum. Would this be good, bad or indifferent? Just trying to help and do appreciate the folks that share in this area of the hobby. As I research the history of the card hobby it is always intertwined with autographs. I am sure I will be sharing some old autograph hobby stuff soon (though it's not my focus the periodicals I have, have tons of things about autographs)....but until then would this separate forum be a good thing?

bender07
06-25-2012, 11:26 AM
I like it. Promotion from AAA to the Bigs!

RichardSimon
06-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Sounds good.

drc
06-25-2012, 11:33 AM
I didn't vote, but it makes perfect sense. I don't know who would disagree with it.

Big Dave
06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
I vote for a separation. Game Used Forum has one and it was busy for years, but pretty much died during the past six months because they terminated the one user that had really helped everyone over there. Here is your chance to become the premier site of autograph opinions and discussion.

JimStinson
06-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Maybe I was not paying attention , (I'm new here) but I thought it ALREADY was an autograph forum. What did I miss?

jgmp123
06-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Maybe I was not paying attention , (I'm new here) but I thought it ALREADY was an autograph forum. What did I miss?

Jim,

I think that Leon is referring to creating a separate forum altogether. Instead of subbing it into the Memorabilia Forum. It would display at the top of the page with a header just like the Buy/Sell/Trade, Memorabilia, PostWar Cards, etc.

JimStinson
06-25-2012, 01:25 PM
James, the less I know the better my wife is still teaching me how to use the remote control and DVD player. So you guys seem pretty darn sharp ! so whatever you elect to do I'm in

Leon
06-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Jim,

I think that Leon is referring to creating a separate forum altogether. Instead of subbing it into the Memorabilia Forum. It would display at the top of the page with a header just like the Buy/Sell/Trade, Memorabilia, PostWar Cards, etc.

This is correct. This IS THE autograph forum. However, to get to it from the front page you click on the memorabilia forum and then you see the autograph forum and below this the memorabilia forum. What is being considered is having an icon on every page and a separate Autograph forum.....just like the front page looks. You will click on the little picture of an autograph to get to it just as you click on the other pictures to get to their respective forums. It would also have all of the threads in descending order as the main forums are now. I wanted to make sure but didn't think there would be any harm. Thanks to those who voted so far.

Deertick
06-25-2012, 09:19 PM
You will click on the little picture of an autograph to get to it just as you click on the other pictures to get to their respective forums.

The most important thing: What autograph will you use? Will it have a COA?

GrayGhost
06-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Separate Forum all the way.:)

Leon
06-26-2012, 07:17 AM
The most important thing: What autograph will you use? Will it have a COA?

It seems the most famous is Babe Ruth but I am open. We will probably take a vote when it's close to time. I am not 100% for redoing it yet due to the activity levels. If there are only a few posts a day I am not sure it makes sense. But if there are around 5 or more threads responded to in most days then it might good. I understand activity levels will go up and down but dead forums aren't my idea of good reasoning to split it into it's own category.

As can be imagined there is quite a bit of operational stuff to do concerning this, including a remake of the whole row of icons and some restructuring of these threads (which is no big deal). So we will see. happy collecting