PDA

View Full Version : Modern day Monster

brett 75
06-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Got this idea from reading the prewar forum and thought it might apply to this forum as well. Back in 2002 Topps put out the T206 cards in the parallel tobacco size . It became one of my favorites and still is, I've managed to collect a Polar Bear version of all 525 plus most of the color variations . Was wondering if any others worked on this set and has anyone tried the Monster including the 10 other back combos, including the Uzit, Carolina Brights , Tolstoi, etc... The number for this is in the 5000 range ( didn't even try to calculate the exact number) . Welcome to the modern day Monster, Brett :eek:

T206BrownHindu
06-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Brett,
Cool idea. I didn't know that these buybacks had the rare backs included. In my limited research, I have only seen common backs, for the most part.

Mark

brett 75
06-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Sorry I wasn't actually talking about the buy backs . The modern mini cards have the same or similar backs to the original T 206's . Including Sweet Caporal which has 3 colors (black ,red & blue) and the others I mentioned before, not sure if any of the buy backs came in anything other than the most common backs. Brett

curtis-cards
06-24-2012, 03:30 PM
I loved this set when it came out in 2002. I busted a lot of boxes. I actually pulled 2 buybacks. I have a ton of different backed minis if anyone is interested. I also pulled a Ty Cobb bazooka back (print run of 25). They were inserted 1 in about 2,000 packs. I wanted to try and find them all. I currently have 3 of them. As for putting all the mini variations together, I think that would be a monster! If you need anything, let me know and I'll see what I have.

steve B
06-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Topps Tek would be another candidate for the name. Around 8100 cards? 90 patterns for 90 cards.

Doing the topps 206 minis sounds like a fun project.

Steve B